My eyes...

Severus’s P.O.V

I walked to breakfast that morning feeling embarrassed by my slip of the tongue in front  of Charline. I should not be telling a seventeen year old girl she enchants me...she does enchant me though...what are you saying Severus? This isn’t going to turn out well. “Good Morning, Professor,” said Charline coming up at my side. “Good Morning, Miss Laroche,” I remarked rudely and didn’t even dare look at her. She followed me down the stairs looking like she had something to say but it wouldn’t come out. “Can I help you, Miss Laroche?” I snapped turning towards her.

“No, sir,” she looked meekly down at her toes.

“Then stop following me like a little puppy,” I snarled and walked away leaving her behind.

I felt bad, but I cannot love her nor can she love me so why should I string her along and act like I care, I think I am just in a stage and as is Charline, I am almost sure it will all pass.

Charline’s P.O.V

“Charline wait up!” yelled Celine.

“No,” I said stomping into the great hall feeling terrible.

I plopped myself into my seat and stared into my eggs as if they were his eyes. I can’t believe him he pretty much told me I was pretty yesterday and now today he yells at me for trying to talk to him.

“Charline what the hell is wrong with you?” asked Celine annoyed.

“Nothing,” I said stabbing my fork into the yolk bursting it, I pretended it was his pupil. I think I stabbed a little too had because I broke the plate. Everyone stared at me confused on why I was so enraged. I looked up at him and he was staring right at me I gave him an evil glare and looked down to my eggs and began eating again. After those awkward minutes everyone went back to normal.

“Someone is a little tense today,” said Celine stuffing an egg into her mouth.

“I am not!” I said still annoyed standing up and stomping out of the great hall catching the eyes of everyone once again.

I stomped outside to the lake and sat on a rock. 

“Hey,” said a small voice.

I looked over to see a tall gangly boy.

“Hello,” I said in my french accent.

“My name is Neville, Neville Longbottom,” he smiled showing his crooked teeth.

“Enchanté Neville, mon nom est Charline Laroche,” I smiled.

“What?” asked Neville looking confused.

“I said, it’s nice to meet you Neville, my name is Charline Laroche.”

“Pretty name,” said Neville.

“Merci,” I giggled.

He was sort of cute, and he was sweet as well.

“W-will you g-go to the b-b-ball with me?” he asked nervously.

“Of course,” I smiled, I got up and walked over to him, he was so tall I had to stand on my tippy toes toes to kiss his cheek.

He blushed completely.

“Do you mind that I am older then you?” I asked.

“Nah, do you?” he asked.

“Nope, we can just go as friends,” I smiled at him cutely.

“Kay’,” I he smiled.

I walked up the hill. I noticed a cloaked figure charging down at me.

“Can I help you, Professor,” I snarled at him copying him earlier.

“What were you doing at breakfast?” he asked following me up the hill.

“Well you know how the sunny side up eggs have the yellow middles?” I asked swinging my arms a bit.

“Of course I do,” he said with a sneer.

“Well I was pretending the yolks were your eyes and I began to stab at them till they bursted but I guess I was having a little too much fun stabbing I broke the plate,” I smiled and closed the door on him as I walked inside.

“Miss Laroche!” he yelled at me as I walked up the stairs.

“What?” I snapped.

“That is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard!” he exclaimed.

“They happened to be delicious!” I said smiling a bit.

He smirked under his curtains of back hair. “So you think my eyes are delicious, Miss Laroche?” asked Snape.

“No your eyes are just black orbs full of hate!” I yelled.

“I’m not a big fan of your sky colored eyes either,” he said turning.

“How dare you!” I yelled charging at him.

“Well you called my eyes black orbs full of hate,” he growled and spun quickly and took a hold of my chin. “That was a lie, you have very pretty eyes, Charline,” he sighed and began to play carefully with my bangs. Him and I were alone in the hallway, everyone else was watching people put names into the goblet. Then very quickly he whipped his hand down to his side. “Excuse me,” he said rudely and walked abruptly away. How weird, one second he is very sweet then the next he is terrible. I’m so confused.