3 - Define : Domain

Start from the beginning

***

Kendall Jenner walked into Charles Dickens local library.

She was one of the few regular members as it no longer updated its books nor the quality of the atmosphere it provided for readers. But hence Kendall was only seeking a silent reading site, she was more than pleased to spend her evenings in the old, dusty library.

She pushed the old wooden door open with a loud squeak escaping it. "Hello Kenny." The owner of the bookstore, Samantha greeted Kendall. "Hello." Kendall smiled.

"Not in the mood today, huh?" The short old lady asked with a kind smile as she fixed her thick glasses. "I'm good, Sam.." She reassured convincingly.

"Hope so. I put your books from last time on the usual spot for you." She let the young girl know. "Thanks." Kendall walked over to the side of the library where silence and a fog of dust was all a person's senses could feel.

She sat down at the desk and took off her coat.

**

"Kendall. Right?" A familiar voice asked her. She glanced at the source of it to see a blonde girl leaning against one of the shelves with her head tilted to side.

She came out of the shadowy area into brightness slowly. "Long time no see." Cara stood in front of Kendall. "Yes. Barely two weeks." Kendall replied dryly. She hadn't received any texts nor calls from the blonde after her late night call at the club.

Since Cara didn't care enough to give her a single call or message, she would certainly as well offer nothing more than ignorance in response.

"What's with the attitude?" Cara leaned a little closer to the brunette as she tightly gripped the edge of the desk in her hands.

"What attitude?"

Kendall asked a little harshly. "The one you're giving me right now." Cara simply shrugged her shoulders and leaned back on the old chair as a deep breath escaped her nose.

"I'm trying to read." Kendall responded not taking her eyes off the page.

"Is that why you're reading a couple of lines?" Cara's hands leaned into the book to check it out more closely.

"This is a psychology best seller." Kendall argued finally locking her eyes with Cara's blue orbs. "Do you know what a book is?"

"I don't care." Cara simply smiled and looked up in Kendall's eyes with hers widening. Why is it not working? She let a deep breath out of frustration.

"This is absolute nonsense. Not even close to art." Cara handed the book back to Kendall and locked her eyes with the brunette's again. Why is it not working?

"It's not even close to nonsense Cara." Kendall warned. "So you do remember my name." The blonde girl held a smirk on her lips. Kendall decided to ignore the comment.

"I do."

"That's.. Predictable." Cara grinned. Causing Kendall to look up at her in surprise for a short while. Her self confidence sure was something to remember.

"What do people use to describe this nonsence, anyway?" Cara stood up and walked past the long desk to the brunette. She could smell her blood and feel her pulse. The scent floating in the air with dust and dampness.

"This is an optical experiment." Kendall explained. "A way of detecting one's intellectual and mental capacity based on what they see in a page like this one." Kendall illustrated expertly.
"So what you see here actually is a symbol of how you think?" Cara questioned. "Yes. Except in a psychological way."