02~ The Sky Is Yellow

Sometimes the sky was yellow other times it wasn't.
I remember yellow sorta. It was bright but also dark too. Sometimes looking at it to long made my head hurt.
The sky was never really yellow as far as I could remember, or maybe it was. I honestly couldn't remember colors that much. The sky is yellow. My mom use to tell me that before she left.
"Imagine any color you want Jonas." There was always a kind tone to her voice when she said those words, and I suppose she was smiling at me.
~ ~ ~ ~
I wasn't always blind. There was a time before darkness. Yet that's a story for later.
I yawned throwing the covers off my body. I knew my house inside and out. Everything was fine. Walking towards my closet I began to look for my favorite hoodie. Actually I have no idea if it's my favorite, or at least the original. I have a new favorite hoodie every week. Or most. I've lost track. Slipping into hoodie#23 or was it hoodie#8 I don't know... I decided to keep my pajama pants on.
Where was I gonna go? Jamaica? Exactly, I'm not moving from this house. I jumped down the stairs two at a time, quick travel not because the fact jumping in the air makes me feel like I'm flying. Yep quick travel. My feet landed on the polished floor with a thud, least I assume it was polished, I slipped and fell on my face.
Quickly trying to keep my dignity I pushed myself of the floor, following the smell of delicious food that suspiciously smelled like pancakes, a food we only had when mom use to be around.
"Dad?" I asked.
"No Nasa." A gentle voice traveled towards me.
That name, my mom would only call me that back when I was little I was obsessed with rocket ships and flying into outer space it didn't help the fact my name was Jonas..nas...nasa. Yeah I know.
"Mama?" I asked, using that form of mom I only said when I was scared.
"Yes sweet child it is me." Her hand was placed on my cheek stroking it.
I opened my eyes knowing I'd be met with blackness, yet that wasn't the case. I could see. My mother's brown hair was hanged loosely in two braids off of her shoulders. Her cheeks were rosy, a color that showed she had just been laughing,who she had been laughing with I failed to know. Her eyes were sky blue, ones that danced and twinkled, yet they didn't dance or twinkle.
I stepped back," You are not my mama." I stood glaring at her, moms eyes were always happy no matter the situation. Always.
"Yes sweet sweet Jonas I am not your mother." The women's hair turned black appearing extremely dry and ragged as long as it was, her cheeks became hollow not from hunger but other things. Her eyes became a much darker blue one you would see as the sky was polluted.
"Yet I know were your 'mama' is." She took a deep breath as though it was hard to breathe,"you shall join her!"
She lunged towards me, yet before she could reach me with her huge nails, darkness over came me again and for once I was happy to feel it's presence.
I shot up in my bed clutching my sheets, my eyes were tightly closed. Upon opening them darkness was still there. I looked over towards my window that overlooked a meadow. "The sky is not yellow." I decided it was more of a dark tinge.