Not your son

She hesitated at the door. How would they react? She took a deep breath and opened it. She walked to the table where Kyousuke was reading a book and sat down. Hakuryuu just came in from the kitchen and brought them some cookies. "Can i talk to you two for a minute? It's important." Kyousuke looked up from his book and Hakuryuu sat down. "Of course, son!" They wondered what Cynder wanted to talk about. As far as they knew everything was going fine.

"I'm a girl." She blurted out. "Um.. I mean.. I feel more like a girl than a boy and um.." Shit, she completely forgot what she was going to say! She had planned this out so carefully but now the words wouldn't come out. Her parents stayed silent for a moment and then Kyousuke suddenly stood up. "I understand. So we should refer to you as 'she' from now on?" Cynder nodded. Kyousuke grabbed his jacket and started to put it on. "Well then i guess it's time to get you a new wardrobe." Hakuryuu got up as well and hugged her. "Don't worry. We said we would always love you no matter what and we're not planning on breaking that promise." Cynder felt a huge relief. "Thanks, dad. I love you too."

Hakuryuu smiled and let go to get their jackets as well. Cynder stood up and followed him while Kyousuke went to get his wallet.

A few minutes later they were in the car, driving to the shopping district. Cynder still couldn't believe that they just accepted it. She had been prepared for the worst but now they were on their way to buy her some new clothes! Hakuryuu even said he'd inform the school and the soccer team of this change! With a huge smile on her face she stepped into a shop filled with dresses and skirts. She looked up and saw her fathers scanning the shop for the cutest ones. Yes, this was where she belonged.