Chapter 6 Training Hard

Maples POV

I wake up to a sound of clanging, and dad comes into my room.

"They are going to come soon, we need to train you to use to your talent." He said, and for the ten millionth time, I nodded.

He led me out to another door. We went through it and there was this huge ground that looked a bit like a playground.

He took me to this treadmill. I am guessing I need to get on it and run. I need to increase my speed.

I run. This is easy.

*time skip*

After about 1 hour on the treadmill he takes me to an obstacle course.

"To complete this course, you need to run to the lava, jump across the rocks, swim in the water, avoid the holy water and swing across the rope."

I nod and start. I run to the lava. The run was about 3 km. In the lava, there are rocks to jump across and I do that.

I then find some water to swim across. After that, I see a tub of water. I go to it and try to touch it. But something is telling me not to.

I go with my instincts and don't touch it then I go to a pit of nothing. My eyes widen and I look at the ropes. I grab onto the first one and start swinging.

I become scared to jump to the next one, but with one big swing, I jump onto the next rope. It starts swinging. I do the same thing with each rope.

I jump off the last rope and run back to dad.

He smiled and took me to the next course.

It was a giant target.

"You need to gather up a lot of mind power and shoot the target, simple, right?" Dad said.

I nodded and closed my eyes. I try my best to gather as much energy I can. I opened my eyes and shot.

Only a few sparks came out. My dad shook his head.

"It takes time, you will be okay."

I huff and puff.

How will this work?

I try again and again and again. Nothing happens. After a while I collapse, my vision hazy. Straight away, my vision goes black.

My eyes open, and I can't move. I see a shadow gazing above me. It was the outline of a person.

It had a mouth hanging down wards and two beady red eyes. I recognize this place as my room.

I can't move my eyes or even blink. The shadow  comes closer and its mouth grins.

I tried to scream, but nothing came out. My body was stiff.

It feels like I was about to die.

I couldn't do anything.

After a few minutes of that shadow staring at me, it fades away.

My fingers start moving slowly as I start to wake up.

I walk out shocked on what I just saw. 

I have just experienced a sleep paralysis.

Walking over to dad, I ask him why I was in my room.

He just said, "You ran out of energy really quickly. You need to train more."

I look down and walk off. I need this to help us. I must avenge mum

You wont ever avenge her.

Shaking my head to rid of the thoughts, I walk into the training room.

I will avenge her. Even if I die, I will.

You will never avenge her. You might as well die now.

Once again, I rid of those thoughts and run to the target.

I will keep on trying to master that shot. But first, I need to try and do more.

I go to this weird figure that spins whenever I hit it. I start punching and kicking it.

When I kick the arm, the connpins around and hits me. I fall right onto the floor and groan in pain.

I get up and keep on trying. Kicking, punching and even head butting it.

I feel someone walk into the room but I don't take any notice. I just keep on going.

I stop and go to something that doesn't punch you back.

A punching bag.

I kick and punch because I can. Letting out a sigh, I then let out a massive war cry and kick the bag.

The bag goes flying off the hook and breaks all over the floor. my eyes widen. I see a heap of throwing knives and grab them and walk to the target.

I start throw the to the target and straight away, they hit bulls eye.

I grin then grab a bow and a few arrows, I shoot one arrow and it hits bulls eye. I shoot another arrow and it splits the last arrow in half.

I gawk. I am using these before I can control my talent. I grab the bow and arrows and walk into a room.

There are a heap of holograms running around and I had to shoot them without getting shot.

I do all off that but then one throws a knife at me and I flip and then shoot them.

Grinning, I walk out and see my dad clapping.

"You are almost ready to try and shoot again, your energy has become more." 

Not understanding what he was telling me I grin and say something after such a long time,

"Thank you, dad."

"Your welcome" He said.

Walking out of the room, I think I am done for the day. 

Maples Dads POV

I see my daughter walking out and I walk to my room. I told her to never go into my room.

" You have returned" I look at the source of the voice. It was that thing.

"I visited you daughter earlier, she thought she was in a sleep paralysis."

"I told you to never go near my daughter."

"Come on, Sedric, I mean no harm to her."

I give a mean look to the shadow.

"What did you do to her?"

"Oh, nothing at all, she was just paralysed for a few minutes."

"STAY AWAY FROM HER!"

I hear a knock on my door.

"Dad, are you okay?" I sigh. I wish everything was.

"Yes, honey I am fine." I look at the thing I keep in my room.

"I will kill her soon. She has been hearing my own voice." It said.

It angers me to hear that voice. I need to protect her. I hope my sweet little daughter wont die like her mother.

********************************************************

WOO! Finally done! It was the holidays and I tried to update but then, internet went down. I am really sorry for not updating! I had a bit of writers block. But anyway, comment your feedback and without further ado

GGGGggggOOOOooooOOOOooooDDDDddddBBBBbbbbYYYYyyyyEEEEeeee!