Oh God

The scent of a mouthwatering breakfast wakes me up and I hum in delight. Getting out of bed, I go into the bathroom and do what I need to do. Not bothering to change out of my pyjamas, I go down to the kitchen to see my brother making breakfast. Julian is leaning on the counter next to Ryder, and he looks at me once I enter the kitchen.

"Morning for the second time." Ryder glances over his shoulder from scrambling eggs.

I tippy toe and ruffle my brother's hair, "morning Dumb and Dumber."

"Which one am I?" Asks Julian.

"Dumber, obviously." I reply with a smile, both of us refusing to acknowledge what happened last night. Julian sticks his tongue out at me and I flip him off, it seems weird that I only met him yesterday I feel like I've known him much longer than that.

Shaking the thought, I get my breakfast together and go into the living room to watch TV while I eat. Ryder and Julian come out of the kitchen not long after, take a seat on either side of me. Surfing through the channels, I settle for a Criminal Minds rerun.

"So," I turn to Ryder. "Did you impress that girl last night?"

A grin breaks out on Ry's face. "She said she's willing to give us a shot. She likes me, and wants things to work out." I smile at my brother, happy for him. Despite all of our bantering, I really do love him, and it makes me happy when he's happy. I continue to eat my food while the members of the BAU work on solving a crime.

(Julian's P.O.V.)

When I first saw Brooke, I thought, "damn that girl would be a good fling." After a few hours of getting to know her, I realize I don't want her to be just a fling, I want something more with her. This kind of shocked me because for one, I never wanted more with a girl, and two, I just met the kid.

I think back to the almost-kiss in her kitchen. I don't know what came over me, but looking at her then, I acted without thinking. Luckily, Brooke was thinking rationally and ended it before it started. I've only known the kid for a day, and yet, it seems like I've known her my whole life.

Now, I watch her while she watched the TV, enthralled by the sheer innocence of her. Unfortunately, Ry catches me staring at his younger sister and glares at me.

"Hey Brooke, Jules and I are gonna go wash the dishes." Ryder picks up his sister's plate and gives me a look, I know I'm about to get a lecture. Brooke just waves her hand in her brother's general direction, not averting her gaze from the TV.

Once we're in the kitchen, Ry looks at me. "Jules-"

"I know, I know." I cut him off, while starting to wash the dishes. "Back off from your sister, you don't want her to be another one of my flings, she's too innocent, and we just met. Did I miss anything?"

Ryder's glare is pure ice while he talks to me. "Jules, you're my best friend, and I'm not one to judge you on your extracurricular activities. But, I'm not joking about this. I want you to stay away from my sister, she has her whole life ahead of her and she doesn't need the distraction. Please Jules, Brooke is a sweet kid, and she really needs to focus on school so she can go to University."

I run a hand through my hair and sigh. "Yeah, I hear you man, loud and clear. I get it, believe me I do. Nothing will happen between us, I may act like I don't have a care in the world, but I have morals."

Ryder claps me on my back, "thanks man."

(Brooke's P.O.V.)

Ry and Julian go into the kitchen to wash the dishes, which I don't believe. So, I listen in on their conversation for the second time. Due to the thick walls, their words are barely audible, but I make out a few of them. From the fragments I gathered, I conclude that Ry is warning Julian, telling him to stay away from me. I roll my eyes, nothing will happen between us. Sure, he's good looking and all, but he's a player. Even if he tries to get to me, I won't let him. But then, I think of his green eyes and black hair, and hope that I won't let him get to me.

Ryder and Julian come back into the living room and they sit down on either side of me.

Just then, Ry gets a text and he gets up. "Hey guys, my friend needs my help with something. It might take a while, you okay if I leave for a little?"

"Yeah, we'll be fine. Don't worry, you go and help your friend out," I tell Ryder. I can tell that he's debating I between making up an excuse and staying to keep an eye on Julian, or trusting us and going. It seems that he picks the latter option because he says a quick farewell, picks up his keys, and is out the door. Seconds later, the car is rolling out of the driveway, leaving just me and Julian in the house.

When Ryder has left, Julian turns to me. With that one look, I contemplate just how hell-ish these few hours will be. Very hell-ish, I conclude. Instead of saying anything, Julian stretches out across the couch. In doing so, his legs end up across my lap, and he has his hands behind his head. He catches my gaze again and smirks lazily. Oh god, I thought, I'm so screwed.
---------------------------------------------------------
Ok, this chapter may be a little shorter, but I haven't updated in a while so I figured I should write something. This is kind of a filler chapter, but the next chapter will mainly be Brooke and Julian in the house alone... comment, vote, and all that jazz!