Author's Note

Hello, my lovelies! The Carbon Copy is my second novel (ever), and it's a spin-off of one of the characters of Deadly Secrets, namely, Orion Zhou. It's essentially a character-development novel, about Orion's life before joining the gang (I promise you that it won't be about Orion spending his days browsing the net. Ain't nobody got time for that.)

This will probably be the only secondary character I'll be writing about, and for a good reason. The character of Orion is based on someone very close to me, a family member. I wasn't aware of this until I went back and analysed him in depth, and so I knew that his story had to be told.

An important disclaimer:

The Carbon Copy contains the following (PG-13) thematic elements:

Mild Violence

Mild Language

Drug use

Coming-of-age issues.

I'd like to give a special thanks to arcanesas for the lovely cover, and DannatoDestinato for the title. Honestly couldn't have gotten the ball rolling without y'all.

Also, and I'm stealing this idea from SkarlitDawn (aka bae), this will be the only Author's Note in the entirety of The Carbon Copy. I won't be adding any at the end of the chapters, as to not disrupt your read. But please vote ✭ and comment ✎ I love hearing from you all, and your support is greatly appreciated.

I will also introduce dedications for my regular readers— a little thank-you to show just how much I love you guys, and sticking through with The Carbon Copy despite all the obstacles and hurdles I will most likely encounter.

I'll also be attaching images to almost each chapter, and depending on what I'm listening to or what I feel the right mood is, even a song.

P.S Despite having done a lot of research into Chinese culture (i.e. language, traditions, arts, etc.) I may get some things wrong. Please don't be afraid to point these errors out to me, as I don't want to offend anyone or give out the wrong information to my readers.

So that's all from me, so let's begin this new adventure with the Prologue.

Cheers 

Dora x