Eggs-traterrestrial Eggs-asperation

Start from the beginning

"Those aren't real, are they?"

Inside the incubator sat twelve eggs. Each one shone and shimmered in various colors. Where they should have conveyed beauty, they now only created a sickly tension.

"What's this?" The Doctor's voice was higher than normal and a bit snappish. He put the bottles away in a corner and hurried over to study the contents of the incubator. Nihir stood meekly to the side of the incubator and rang her clawed fingers while refusing to open her third eye.

"To lie is to tarnish one's soul," she said. "I could not say we had eggs if we had none. Forgive me, but there was no other way!"

"Not even for the greater good? Now you've endangered twelve lives!"

The Doctor began pacing once more and mussed his hair as he walked. Sutton knew better than to ask him to let her fix this just this once, so she was reduced to standing next to Nihir uselessly. And to top it off, standing next to Nihir made her feel like an ant. Rose moved forwards towards the incubator, placing a hand on the glass casing and examining the eggs inside.

"Well, we can move 'em, can't we? That way Nihir isn't the one lying."

The Doctor shook his head negatively.

"It's too late now. They're already on their way with a bounty this big."

Sutton groaned in exasperation and pulled at a few curls.

"Is there no such thing as intergalactic police, or something? Why is nothing ever easy with you people?"

"They've tried intergalactic police," the Doctor said with a wave of his hand. "It didn't go well, as you can imagine. Or rather, it won't go- hey!"

He pointed a finger at her warningly and Sutton threw her hands down at her sides in fists.

"I didn't do anything! Sheesh!"

There was suddenly a loud crack and a new, faint light could be seen filtering in from down the hall.

"They have found us," Nihir said. There was a wobble in her voice and she covered her third eye with her hand and began muttering more prayers.

Sutton felt another spike of adrenaline rush through her limbs and her jaw tightened in reflex. Her left leg twitched as if it were ready to run with or without her. She had to think! Because no one else was moving, the Doctor probably wanted to try and talk sense to evil, dangerous smugglers, and she wasn't allowed to use the one advantage she had without repercussions.

What would Natasha do?

As the sound of footsteps neared the room, Sutton skittered towards the door and pressed herself against the wall near the opening. Rose had moved to stand adjacent with the Doctor and gave Sutton a look that implied she thought Sutton was soft in the head while silently mouthing,

'what are you doin'?'

The footsteps were heavy and bold. Whatever the creature, it stood taller than Sutton and weighed at least twice as much. Sutton swallowed nervously then took another glance at the eggs and her eyes darkened.

A large, green, clawed, foot made its appearance past the door's threshold. Sutton took the opportunity. Swiftly, she lifted her right leg and brought it crashing down on the back of the creature's knee with all her might and a loud, 'heeyahhh!'

The alien shrieked, most likely more in indignant shock, and stumbled its next few steps. Luckily her effort was enough of a distraction to slow the creature and give the others time to react. She could hear the Doctor's voice through the shock she was experiencing over her own actions.