Keep It Secret, Keep It S-Well, Crap

Start from the beginning

Her completely believable excuse for this situation was not enough to placate Snape. At this point, with the pace he was walking at and the flippant manner in which he ignored her, nothing would deter him from having all her secrets spilled out. Probably even by disembowelment if he had to.

What if they tried to use Veritaserum on her? Would it work? What if it did?

What would Dumbledore think once he found out spells weren't so effective on her?

The blood was starting to settle more around her head as she still hung awkwardly near the floor. Her cheeks were flushed from it, and her own frustration, and she was glad that it was so late so they wouldn't run into students. It was an embarrassing moment enough as it was.

"We can only hope that this little revelation will illuminate the Headmaster to the follies of hiring the likes of...whatever you are."

A thought suddenly struck Sutton, and as it was a last ditch effort, she tried it.

"Fine, ok, you caught me! I didn't want to admit this, but obviously you won't allow anything else." She took a mock deep breath. "The spells didn't work because I'm...I'm part giant!"

Snape actually turned to look over his shoulder and give her a scathing once over.

"The most unlikely story you've told yet."

They were nearing the hall that led to Dumbledore's office. Despite the lateness of the evening, she assumed the professors were all still awake and in a right fright. After all, if the cat had been petrified by some unseen assailant, who would be next?

It was then that a sudden BANG erupted in the hall and the room filled with a thick smoke that could not be seen through. Snape let out an angry cry and Sutton felt arms around her waist and what felt like another hand clamped over her mouth. Then the air around her was moving and she found the smoke was dissipating around her. From her odd angle, she craned her head to try and see who was manhandling her.

Of course. The Weasleys. Who else?

They were currently high-stepping it away from the crime scene as fast as their long legs could carry them. Sutton could hear Snape's enraged orders from where they were and a spell that probably cleared the smoke.

"That's the second time we've 'ad to save you," the twin who was gripping her waist said. There was a certain gleam in his eye that made her think Fred.

"You're lucky we got there in time," said the other. Sutton was going to call him George. "Snape's never a good one to get on the wrong side of."

The twin she assumed was George removed his hand from her mouth and Sutton huffed.

"You know, right now, it'd be really great to just not be almost hanging upside down."

"All in good time! We've got to get a certain damsel to safety!"

And so Sutton found herself being carted, floating above the ground and face near the floor mind you, around the castle. She dangled with her arms crossed and face stoic until she could see the end of a wall and heard a woman's voice suspiciously ask,

"Password?"

The boys dully chimed out, "Wattlebird," before darting inside the room and finally letting her go. Sutton wobbled a bit in the air, arms wagging about to her sides as she still remained levitated.

"Can you get me down now?"

"Well, what spell did he use on you?"

Sutton huffed.