22. From Bad to Worse

Start from the beginning

"Uh-"

"What kind of question is that? Alcoholic obviously." I stated, grabbing one of those girly drinks that are mostly soda but filled with vodka. She opened it and took a conservative sip as if she had never had one before. And then it hit me, maybe she hadn't. Fuck. She probably hadn't. Shit, did I just force her into that? Holy fuck what if she thinks I'm an asshole for doing that? "You don't have to have that if you don't want it." I amended quickly, and she shook her head with a small smile.

"It's fine, its great actually." She responded taking another sip. She didn't seem like an avid drinker, but then again I'd been drinking soda water all night, but only because I had to work the next morning, still, I wasn't really in a position to judge.

"Just make sure that if you leave that unattended that you get a new drink, don't want you getting drugged by any of the shady people here." I laughed half-heartedly before I realised the silence from Willow, her jaw was open in a cute, but shocked fashion.

"I thought that only happened in movies and books." She admitted, and my eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

"You've never been to a party... have you?" I questioned, her eyes flicked to the left before looking back at me.

"Yes I have, plenty of them actually." She retaliated.

"Birthday parties don't count... especially from when you were thirteen and under." I responded, her cheeks flushed a deep pink as embarrassment took over her emotions.

"Well..." she trailed off, and I took a step closer, endeared by the redness staining her cheeks.

"It's fine Willow, really. I don't care." I told her, watching as her drenched hair fell and stuck to her cheeks, strands fluttering in the light breeze from an open window.

"I haven't been to a party, not one with alcohol involved in it anyway." The innocent words tumbled from her mouth quickly and I realised the close proximity of our bodies, a small smile stretching my lips. She really was shy. She had probably already realised how close we were and that was why the blush hadn't left her cheeks and why her lips were parted as if she was too distracted to remember how to close her mouth.

Thunder rolled from the angry sky, but I'd randomly found myself lost in her intricately grey eyes.

I had never thought that my favourite eye colour would be grey, hearing it sounded too bland and boring. Seeing it was a whole different story, the different strands of colours, the pale grey to the almost black, the unmistakeable shade of silver to the slightly blue threads. God they were something I had never hoped to like, and yet here I was making sappy poetry about eyes in my head that didn't even make sense. Maybe I had drunk something other than fizzy water.

My hand instinctively reached up to brush her naturally red hair behind her ear, the multiple shades of crimson mimicking what I expected of fire. My fingers brushed her cheek and I froze at the contact of porcelain coloured, soft and freckled skin. She was gorgeous and I'd barely even noticed her. Both of us looked at each other like we were expecting something to happen, my eyes flickered down to her lips and I noticed how soft and pink they looked.

My hand slowly moved to sit on the side of her neck instinctively, my thumb in front of her ear and palm half cupping her jaw. It felt normal, but she was tense under my touch as I gently tilted her head so it would be easier to connect my lips with hers. I leaned in a little further and watched as her eyes drifted shut. But I couldn't help but pause for a moment, what if this was wrong? What if she took it the wrong way and regretted this later?

"Alistair, are you-" I cut her off by gently connecting my lips to hers. She froze and I heard the distinct sound of glass smashing before she jumped away as if in pain. "Holy muffins!" she shouted, and as the numbing sensation my senses felt began to leave I realised she had dropped the glass bottle of drink I had given her, and she was holding her foot which was covered only by some form of gladiator sandal.