Rise Until Lambs Become Lions

Start from the beginning

It was the best feeling I'd ever felt. His lips were as soft as flower petals. He tasted like, well, freedom, I guess. It was a moment I'd been craving for too long and had stupidly ignored. Best friends had become more, and I was never more happy of that.

"Please tell me they're kissing," Tony called over the line.

"Oh, yes," Nat replied.

"Yes! Get in there, Cap!"

"Typical," Clint grunted breathlessly, "in the midst of battle, they make out."

"You're a true hopeless romantic, Barton."

"Wish I'd brought my camera," Nat mumbled. "I've been waiting so long for this."

"Well, tell 'em to break it up," Barton snapped. "They can lock lips later."

I reluctantly broke away and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him forever closer. In all my time of living, it was a moment like this I'd been waiting for, this moment I'd cherish forever.

And then I watched Pietro Maximoff fall.

My eyes widened in horror. "No!"

I broke away from Steve's grip and ran towards the speedster.

It was too late. The deed was done. The speedster had fallen, completing a final act of heroism, saving Hawkeye and a small child from a robot on a rampage.

In the distance, I heard a wail. I watched as red telekinetic energy arced high into the sky. Wanda.

I crouched in front of Pietro. I lay a hand on his cheek, and I closed his eyes.

I stood in silence. Another casualty of a war that should never have happened. Pietro Maximoff was one of thousands. His death was a consequence of what had happened here. His and the many lives lost were something none of us deserved to nor would we forget.

I trudged after Steve and Hawkeye, Steve carrying Pietro's body and Clint the boy.

I stood on the bridge, hurrying the rest of the people onto the remaining lifeboats. The city was empty. There was nothing but rubble and pain and dust there now.

And then the city fell. I watched it fall. I watched it explode in a lick of fire and blue lighting, rock and debris plummeting into the ocean below.

Steve held me in his arms and I cowered into them. Safe.

It was finished. We'd won. We'd won at too high a cost.

 We'd won at too high a cost

Author's Note: Hey, there!

So the moment you've all been waiting for has finally happened! Andi and Steve kissed! YAY!
*throws confetti*
*dances in circle*
*marching band plays with epic trumpet solo by Earl*
What do you guys think about the moment? Did I pull it off? Did you like it? I sort of modelled it off the little marriage between Will and Elizabeth from Pirates of the Caribbean. Let me know belooooooow!

If you liked this chapter, please consider giving it a quick vote! Thanks for reading!