Attack on the Triskelion

After Steve 'borrowed' his uniform from the Captain America exhibit (the security guy was totally getting fired), we drove to a forest near the Triskelion and hiked to it on foot

Hill had managed to smuggle one of my uniforms out of S.H.I.E.L.D. before she made her escape a few days before. I was glad she did. I moved better in it, not to mention it offered much better protection than my street clothes.

As we moved through the forest, I had time to think. 

Well, Steve knew everything now. If the Lord of Time found out, he would skin me alive, and that was no figure of speech. But, for the first time, I didn't care what he thought. I trusted Steve. And he needed to know. He was my best friend. I'd put off the revelations for too long. I regretted nothing. I felt better. I had less to worry about.

I followed Hill, Sam and Steve, and, in no time, the tower of the Triskelion peaked over the trees of the forest from across the water.

Steve halted in his tracks, taking a deep breath. I stepped next to him. "You ready for this?"

"Yeah," he replied. "Just another day at the office, right?"

"Those are truer words than any." I rested a hand on his shoulder. "We'll get Bucky back."

He offered a sideward glance. "I know."

"You lovebirds coming?" Sam called.

Steve frowned at the title. I felt my cheeks heat up. I briskly walked forward so he couldn't see my flushed cheeks.

"I hate you," I hissed as I smacked him on the arm.

"What?" he chuckled. "I didn't do anything! I just called it how it is."

"Oh, sure."

As per the plan, I created a portal to the door to the command center and we all stepped through. It saved having to run around like the secret agents we were. Plus, water. There was lots of it around the Triskelion.

Sam and Hill raised their weapons as Steve pressed a button on the control pad to request access into the control center. The door swung open. The poor guy who opened it looked like he was going to have a heart attack. His job as an agent for S.H.I.E.L.D. was long over now.