Chapter 7: With and Without Love

~{Izaya's P.O.V}~

Once {Y/N} shut the door and left me all alone in her apartment again, I dropped to my knees and started crying on the floor.
I shook uncontrollably and my vision went blurry with all the tears that were streaming down my face.

"W-Why...why...why did...she leave me...?" I asked myself. "Why...? Why, {Y/N}...why?!"

'You should've stopped her from picking up the phone instead of falling asleep on her.' Said a voice inside my head.

'She didn't want to stay with you because of what you did to her.' Another voice said.

'Why don't you just take her by force? Or kill Shizuo if you have to?' A third voice rang out.

I couldn't take it anymore. I screamed and started crying harder, banging my head on the floor as I yelled, "Shut up! Shut up! Get out of my head!"

At this point, I didn't care if any of {Y/N}'s apartment neighbours could hear me. I went into {Y/N}'s bedroom and locked the door behind me, before jumping onto her bed and digging my face into the pillows and covers.
I'd cry my eyes out until she came back.
Then she'll realize.

~{Y/N's P.O.V}~

When I got to Shizuo's house,
I dropped the bag that was full of my clothes and followed Shizuo to the living room.
I sat down on the sofa, next to who I guessed was Kasuka, Shizuo's younger brother, who was watching the news.
Shizuo sat down on the other side of me, and we both joined Kasuka in watching TV.

Eventually, Shizuo decided to break the awkward silence.

"So, would you both like some coffee or something?" He asked us as he stood up.
"I'm okay." Kasuka answered first.
"I-If you don't mind, I would like some." I replied next, looking up at him.
"Sure, no problem!" He smiled at me before walking over to the kitchen counter.

After watching Shizuo in the kitchen, I turned back to watching TV with Kasuka, who, from what I saw, showed pretty much no emotion whatsoever.
Almost like a kuudere.

When Shizuo came back over and gave me my coffee, my phone buzzed.
I held my cup with one hand, and grabbed my phone with the other.
It was one of my neighbours, Lila. We were good friends, and was one of the first people who welcomed me when I arrived in that apartment.

"Hey. I heard screaming and crying coming from your apartment. Is everything okay in there?"
"Oh, that might be a friend of mine. I let them stay at my place whilst I went out with some other friends."
"Oh. Do you want me to tell them to stop?"
"No thanks. I'll be back there soon, so I can sort it out. Thanks for telling me though."
"No problem."

'Izaya must be having a hard time with me gone. I should go and visit him, but I shouldn't stay long just incase Shizuo starts to get worried.'

I drank most of the coffee in the short while that I was there. After I finished the coffee, I put it down on the table.
Kasuka had already left to go and get some food by the time I got up.

"Hey, Shizuo."
"Yeah?"
"Remember how I left Izaya at my place?"
"Yeah, what about it?"
"Apparently my neighbour heard screams and cries coming from my apartment. I think he's suffering because I'm gone."
"Let me guess. You wanna go and see him to calm him down, right?"
"O-Only if you let me. I-I could just text or call him and tell him that he should stop making so much noise."
"Don't worry, you can go. But only if I can come with you."
I nodded. "Alright then! Besides, how could I think that you would let me be alone around Izaya?"
"You know me too well, {Y/N}."

Shizuo and I put on our jackets and headed out, back to my apartment so I can sort out Izaya.

'I hope it goes well and I don't get any more complaints from Lila afterwards.'

Before long, we got to my apartment.
I heard crying and shouting coming from my room, but left Shizuo to wait in the living room so he didn't flip his lid when he saw Izaya.

I carefully opened the door to my own room, only to see Izaya laying on my bed, crying his eyes out.

Despite what he did to me, it pained me to see him like this.
I walked over to my bed and crawled over it so I sat next to where he laid.
I picked him up and sat him on my lap, rubbing his back and ruffling his hair.

He seemed surprised by this at first, until he laid his head on my shoulder.

"Izaya, you should stop crying. Not only did my neighbour complain, but if you keep on crying, you're going to make the pillows and parts of the covers wet."
"But...don't you care about me?"
"Of course I do. But even though you may love me, you don't need to be with me literally all the time."
"You...you like Shizuo, don't you, {Y/N}?"

I gulped, but didn't say anything. I didn't see the point in lying. This is Izaya, after all. He clearly already knew.
He pulled himself back, and our eyes met. He had a distant look in his eyes, almost as if he had lost it completely, which, truth be told, freaked me out a little.

"Izaya? Are you okay?" I worriedly cupped his face.
"Of course I am, but don't just change the subject like that."
"You already knew the answer when you asked me."
"And I wish I didn't. But you just had to, didn't you?"

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.
"Hey, {Y/N}, are you alright in there?!" I heard Shizuo yell.
"Yeah, I'm okay!" I shouted back.

Izaya's expression then turned to anger.
"So, you brought him along, huh? Well, I guess there's only one thing to do..."

And with that, he pulled out his switchblade.

Without thinking, I pinned him down on the bed, holding onto his wrists. The knife fell from his hand, but he didn't struggle against me.

His face turned red, and he closed his eyes, probably thinking that I would hurt him.
I stroked his cheek gently, and his eyes opened.

I kissed his forehead, before more tears trickled down his already red face.

"Shh, don't cry now. You should sleep. Get some rest. You'll need it."
I picked up Izaya and wiped his tears, before I laid his head on the pillow, and tucked him into bed.
Almost like a little kid.

It didn't take long for Izaya to fall asleep. Once he did, I stroked his hair and got up off the bed. I then left the room, to Shizuo, who was waiting as patiently as he could for me.
Once he saw me, his eyes and face lit up.

"So how'd it go?" He asked me.
"Perfect. I managed to calm him down and get him to go to sleep, so he should be fine." I smiled.
"Alright then. Are you sure you don't wanna stay here with him?"
"I would, if you could stay here too. With me and Izaya."
"Why not? I mean, I may not like him, but I can't say no to you either."
"Really? Because I'm not forcing you to stay. We can go back to yours if you want."
"Nah. We've been back and forth all day anyway, so let's stay here."
"Oh, okay then!"
"By the way, you're not gonna make me sleep on the floor or the couch, are you?"
"No, not at all. If you want, you can stay in the guest bedroom, or stay with Izaya and me in my bedroom."
"I really want to stay with you, just incase something happens. But will your bed hold three people?"
"It's a two-person bed, but I'm really small so I won't take up much room."

He considered it, before nodding.
"Alright then. Let's go."
We entered my room and got undressed, ready to get into bed.
I stayed in the middle of the bed, and Shizuo slept on the other side of me.
Before I fell asleep, I felt two arms wrap around me.
One was Shizuo's.
The other was Izaya's.

My god, that chapter took longer than I thought it would! And is longer than I thought it would be!
(Unnecessary 'that's what she said' joke.)
Anyway, you know the drill. Leave comments about your opinions and ideas and stuff.