Chapter 3: Overprotective Shizuo and an Overly Creepy Izaya

~{Izaya's P.O.V}~

"Oh, what to do, what to do…"

Today should be fun, especially since it's Saturday.
I just hope I don't run into Shizu-chan today. Or that Shizu-chan runs into {Y/N} today, since I plan on keeping that little goddess all to myself for today, at least.

I walked out the door and into the busy streets of Ikebukoro, where I walked around for a while, unable to find {Y/N}.

'Is she at home? Or with Shizuo?'
Thoughts and questions flooded into my mind.

But then, I saw a familiar face on the other side of the road.
Shizu-chan.
I made my way over to him and tapped on his shoulder, causing him to turn his head around and give me a dirty look.

"What do you want, Izaya?" He asked in his usual angry tone.
"I was just wondering if you've seen {Y/N} today." I told him.
"Hm? Why? I don't remember hearing you two making any plans for today."
"Well, let's just say I don't need to make plans when it comes to her. Anyway, you don't happen to have plans with her, do you?"
"Actually, I do. And you're sure as hell not tagging along."

'Damn you, Shizu-chan.'

"I bet you're going to meet her at her house, aren't you?"
"Apartment. And since when did you not know someone's address? I thought you would've done your homework and made a surprise visit."
"Oh, how well you know me, Shizu-chan~"
And the conversation ended there, with Shizuo growling at me as I walked away.

The truth is, I already knew where she lived. I just wanted to check if she was actually there and not wandering through the streets alone.

And now that I know where she is, I'll have to make my way there before Shizuo does.

~{Y/N's P.O.V}~

I had just gotten up and decided to make some breakfast when I heard a knock on my apartment door.

"I'll be there in a second!" I shouted, and then put the breakfast on hold.

I'm very cautious, so I checked who it was through the peephole, and saw Shizuo standing there.
I opened the door slowly, after realizing that I only had my nightgown on, and it would be really embarrassing for me if he saw me not even fully awake and dressed yet.

"G-Good morning, Shizuo." I said as I accidentally yawned.
"Hey {Y/N}. Mind if I come in?"

And of course I had to let him in.
I opened the door further, letting him into my apartment.

"I'm sorry I'm not ready yet. I've only just woken up. I've also got to finish making breakfast." I apologized.
"Don't worry about it. If you want, I can try and finish making the breakfast for you." He offered. I could feel myself blush at how sweet he was being towards me, so I immediately gave him a hug.

"Hey! What's this for, all of a sudden?" He asked, seemingly surprised as he laughed.
"You're just so sweet and kind to me that sometimes I wish that I could do something for you for once." I looked up at Shizuo, who was smiling down at me.
"{Y/N}, you don't have to do anything in return. If anything, this is for you, with being such an angel and for putting up with people like Shinra and Izaya. I don't even know how to handle those two sometimes, and yet you are just, okay with everything."

I put the palm of my hand on his cheek and gave him a warm smile.
"I don't know how I can handle them either. I haven't met very many people in my life, and as a result, didn't have many friends. So I decided that if I ever got friends, I would just put up with who they really are, and what they were like as a person. I just don't want my friends to be genuinely bad people, though."
That was how I explained it. Or at least tried to explain it.

"By the way, shouldn't you be getting dressed whilst I prepare breakfast?"
His sudden change of subject reminded me that I had to get a shower and get changed into some actual clothes which I had completely forgotten about earlier.

"Oh! Right! I forgot! I'll go and take a shower and put on some clothes, then we can go. U-Unless you'd rather not go now, or something."
"Don't worry about me. Let's just continue the day as we had planned, okay?"
"O-Okay then! I-If you're sure about it!"

And with that, I headed into my bedroom to grab some clothes, along with everything else, before entering the bathroom to take a shower.

~{Shizuo's P.O.V}~

After {Y/N} left the room to go and get herself ready, I started to finish what she had started to make for breakfast.
I was pretty much done when I heard a knock on her apartment door.

I opened the door, only to see Izaya standing there, not at all surprised to see me.

"Shizuo, what a surprise. I was almost expecting {Y/N} to answer the door. By the way, are you cooking something in there? Whatever it is, it smells good."

And before I could stop him, Izaya had already made his way into the apartment, and started looking for {Y/N}.

"So, Shizuo, where is {Y/N}? Don't tell me you cooked this."
"Well, I offered to finish making it for her whilst she got ready for the day."
"Oh, so she's in the shower now, huh? Oh well. I guess I'll just have to join you both for breakfast, then."
"What?!"
"You heard me. I'll be hanging out with you both. For the rest of the day."
"Why? What the hell's your problem?"
"You. Simply put, you're my problem. I know {Y/N} has a crush on you, whether or not she'll admit it. But then there's me, who just happens to have a thing for her too. And I don't like competition."
Then, before he could threaten me further, {Y/N} came out of the bathroom wearing only a purple robe. I saw her eyes immediately set on Izaya as her expression turned to surprise, then to happiness.

"Izaya? I didn't know you were coming over to visit. I'm sorry, but I didn't plan on having to make breakfast for three people instead of just two when Shizuo offered to finish making it." She apologized. And then she looked like she'd remembered something drastic. "U-Unless you don't plan on-"
"It's okay. I didn't wanna eat anyway. I'm only here to see you, {Y/N}."