|•1•|

Shattered glass and a raging fire.

That's all I remembered.

Imagine waking up one day and not remembering anything from your past life except a single moment.

The hospital simply let me free once I was healthy, not caring I didn't know who I was.

And now, I'm trying to find out who I am.

I knew my name, it was Yoko Tomago. And I had an apartment with a car.

No one came to see me at the hospital to tell me who I was or who they were to me, so instead I search.

What else would you do if you wanted to know who you were?

Desperately, I tear apart my apartment for anything to show me who I was.

To contact anyone who knew me from before.

Sighing with frustration, I collapse on the couch and look around the messy living room.

No luck.

With anything.

"My name is Yoko Tomago." I say aloud, the walls reflecting my words.

My gaze turns over to look at a scrapbook on the coffee table and I sit forward, flipping it open and seeing baby pictures.

I couldn't tell who they were, so I keep flipping to the older pictures.

Flipping all the way back to the very last page, I see a picture of me and some girl with short black hair with a few purple streaks.

We stood in front of a large glass building, smiling.

Instinctively, I pull the picture from the plastic sleeve and check the back.

GoGo Tomago
Yoko Tomago

Sisters for life

Both of our names were signatures and I realize I have a sister.

But, why didn't she come to the hospital?

Where is she?

The doctor said I had a chance to regain my memory by a triggering effect.

Like if you walk out of a room and forget what you were going to get and going back inside and remembering again.

But, nothing's triggered yet.

Looking down at the photo, I see a small sign for the building, depicting where we were.

San Fransokyo Institute of Technology.

That sounded a twinge familiar, but I could recall nothing.

Walking to my computer, I sit down and power it up.

It immediately logs on and I pull up Google and search the school.

The school was only a few hours away and I wonder if either of us went to the school.

I was eighteen which meant I could be in college, but in the picture I looked younger, probably fifteen or sixteen.

The girl was obviously older than me.

She was smiling in the photo as we stood next to one another, an arm around one another sisterly like.

I wore an old NASA cap over my shoulder length blonde hair and my green eyes shone like emeralds as I smiled widely.

"What happened to you?" I whisper longingly.