Wooden Cupboard has a secret. Shhhhhh!!!!!!

Start from the beginning

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was at the destination.

From the cold air, it was a blessing to be inside that place. She had to pursue the person in stealth mode. Even if she is not completely sure, what she had heard earlier did not leave her mind easily. She entered the house from the small window and hid behind the old couch.

She honestly did not know what she was expecting. But not this!

"Come out from behind that couch and make yourself at home, dear"

There was an eerie silence before Angy got up slowly to face Trista.

But she was nowhere in the line of sight.

Instead, the old lady was in the kitchen preparing something, probably for dinner.

Trista looked up and smiled at Angy who was gaping at her.

"Close your mouth dear. God forbid something should enter!"

Trista let out a small chuckle.

"How did you... I was as inconspicuous as I can"

"There is more to it than that meets the eye."

Angy suddenly remembered why she was here in the first place.

"How do you know that?"

"Know about what, dear?"

"Please don't play around. You know very well what I am asking."

"Come have dinner. You look like you can have some delicacies."

"Can you stop doing this?"

"Stop what dear?"

"Stop acting"

Angel shouted and sat on the couch cross legged.

Trista looked up, took the trays and slowly made her way to the couch.

The smell itself was appetizing.

"She used to sit in the same manner in the same position."

That did it. Angy's eyes had tears brimming. "You knew her more than what you let out there."

"As I already said"

"It was something Verni used to say."

"I understood you were Angy when you asked if I knew her personally. Verni mentioned how you missed a motherly figure and always longed for one. And that you both would fraternize with our kind of people than your kind. I found it amusing. But the wish I found in your eyes, the hope that you had that I would say yes to your question gave away who you are."

"Then why did you not tell me then and there?"

"A piece of advice Angy. Do not.......I mean.......Do not ever believe anyone! Don't let anyone know who you are."

"Okay."

"And please lift the cover on the couch."

"Okay"

Angy was waiting for what she had to say next. But she processed what had been sat and realized that she is going to get what she came for. She lifted the cover.

"Find the hard surface on the side of the couch."

She tried touching the surface and she felt something hard at the side rest. She tried pushing it and realized it won't move. To this Trista chuckled.

"As impatient as Verni said"

"Please"

"Just try feeling it again"

She touched the whole surface and found that they are two separate hard surfaces. She already tried pushing the upper part. So she ended up pushing the lower part.

Slowly, the extent to which she pushed the lower part inside, that is the extent to which upper portion opened. She found the piece of puzzle.There it was ! A part of rectangular shape which had small ridges to one side of it.

But wait! This is only a part of it.

"Trista, what is this?"

"Oh dear, I don't know. She only told me that you would come one day for this and I am supposed to give this to you without asking you any question."

I was crestfallen.

She only kept part of the piece here. That only means two things.

Verni has given me a person whom I can trust. Good Lord, she still helps me without her presence.

I just hope I can follow her directions.

The second and most important thing is the other piece is kept at a place which can lead me to the truth.

Then I got up. Took the plate from her and both of us ate in silence.

After the dinner, I helped her wash the plates and she asked me where I was staying.

It is actually near to department. That means I have to walk a lot now. When I told her this, she offered to stay back for the night.

But I can't afford to put her in danger. There is only one person I can trust with Verni. So, I bid her goodbye.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already 11pm and it was very chilly. Trista gave me an overcoat.

I was walking away from her home. I took a turn to go to Verni's home. I reached there and went inside.

I started looking around. I did not find anything of value there. I sat down and started thinking. She must have left some clue. And all of a sudden, I remembered it. The piece of paper. Her Death note! She yawned. I will have a look at it first thing in the morning. She has to tell Daniel atleast a part of all this .

I slept on the couch in the living room. Tomorrow I will get answers to my questions.

Will Angel be able to find something?

What is in that wooden cupboard?

What is it that Angel wants to hide from Daniel?