The Spark Between Us

Olivia is a 15 year old girl who lives in Tennessee, she goes to Northridge High School. (BTW I don't know if thats a legit school lol) Olivia is straight to her knowledge, I mean she has a crush on this boy at her school but is too shy to talk to him. Now, Olivia isn't the most popular girl at her school, she has a few friends and usually keeps to herself. She is quite shy at first but once you get to know her she is very outgoing. Olivia isn't what you would call childish, she just enjoys kid shows like SpongeBob, Adventure Time and many other shows. Olivia's mom, Kelly, is a singer and goes to gigs while leaving Olivia and her sister Elissa at home to do whatever. Kelly has tried to get Olivia to sing or be into music but she refuses. Olivia usually reads books or watches Youtube videos.

                                                   Chapter 1: Moving?!?

"Olivia wake up!" I hear my mom yell.

I opened my eyes and looked at my clock. "7:00 am" it read. I got out of bed and got dressed, I put on my Justin Bieber T-shirt, black skinny jeans, and white socks. I walked downstairs and saw my mom in the kitchen making breakfast, mmm bacon. I walked over to the table and sat down, my mom walked out of the kitchen and walked towards me.

"Good morning." I said

"Good morning to you too sweetie." She said while placing a plate of bacon and waffles in front of me.

Before anything else was said or done, I was stuffing my face, barely getting a taste of the bacon.

"Slow down." My mom chuckled

"Sorry its just so good!" I managed to say past a few mumbles.

"haha I can tell. Soooo." My mom said.

"Yeah?" I questioned.

"You know how I'm signed to Adele right?" My mom asked.

"Yes of course, why?" I asked with confusion.

I really don't understand what she was getting at, I mean I have known she's been signed to Adele for 2 years, why would she think I would forget? I looked at her with confusion and she looked back at me with worried eyes, she bit her lip.

"Well, Adele needs me to move to Los Angeles for my promo tour, and I can't leave you and your sister here alone. So, were moving to LA!!" She said with an exciting tone.

I was speechless, I didn't even know what to think. It would be nice to live in a different area with new people, but what about my friends here? it was hard enough for me to make the amount of friends I have now, when we move there and I go to school, its probably going to be much harder to make friends.

"Th-thats gr-great mom, wh-when are we le-le-leaving?" I stuttered.

"Tomor-" My mom said but was cut off by my older sister, Elissa

"I GOT ACCPETED!" She yelled with an excited expression on her face.

"Accepted to what?" I asked

"BIRKWOOD UNIVERSITY!" She screamed

(again don't know if its a real university)

"Thats wonderful Honey, so does that mean your staying here in Tennessee?" My mom asked

"Well yeah, where else would I go?" My sister asked with a puzzled look on her face.

My mom looked at me with a guilty look, knowing that I would be alone at the new house in LA while my sister is in University and her going on her "Promo Tour.

"Well honey, you know I'm signed to Adele, and I'm going on my promo tour soon and we need to live in Los Angeles." My mother said

Elissa looked at me and I just ran upstairs. I slammed my door and just laid on my bed and tried to sleep. within seconds I heard a knock on the door.

"Go away" I murmured into my pillow.

"Now I can't do that, this is my room too you know" My sister said.

I felt her sit on the side of my bed and rub my back. I got up and looked at her, she just hugged me.

"I don't want to move to LA, especially without you" I said through tears.

"I don't want you to move to LA, but I need to go to University." She said also through tears.

"I know, but I just don't want to be alone in LA while moms on tour and your here in Tennessee." I said

"Don't you worry, I'll make sure to visit you guys as much as possible, or in this case you." She whispered in my ear.

"Okay" I said with a smile on my face.

"When are you leaving" She questioned

"Tomorrow" I said with a tear rolling down my face.

"Oh" Was all she could say.

"Now, I know you don't want to do this but you're going to have to pack up." She told me

"Yeah you're right" I agreed.

She kissed my forehead then left the room. I started to pack up my knickknacks and clothes. I asked myself "should I be mad at her." and by her, I mean my mom. I mean I'm happy for her but i wish she would have told me like I don't know, a week ago or even a month! But the question that i asked myself the most was "will people like me?"

                                                                ~The Next Day~

It was time to load up truck with our belongings. My mom left the house for my sister while she was in school. Some of my friends showed up to say goodbye to me. I was pretty bumbed out that the guy I have a crush on didn't show up to say goodbye but whatever. My sister came to the window and handed me Frank The Unicorn (my hoodie) to me, and kissed my forehead and waved goodbye to me as the truck backed out of the driveway. I plugged in my headphones and turned on my music. I put on my favourite song, Little Mix- How Ya Doin'? and we were on our way to Los Angeles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so this is my first chapter of "The Spark Between Us" and if you liked it, awesome! and i just want to thank my friend for helping me out with the picture. AND if you want to read a really awesome book, you can go check out my friend: cimorelli6ever <--- she has a really good book and its completed!! (its really good, go read it!!) so i will try to update as much as possible because i know how irritating it is when someone starts a book and never finishes it or updates once every 2 months or something soo yeah! :)