Fiery Hair

"Can I dye your hair?"

"What?"

Sabine looked at Ezra like she'd just seen a ghost. She nearly dropped the sketchbook she was holding and had to take a moment to think about what she'd just heard. The question came out of nowhere. The young boy in front of her waited patiently for a response, but raised an eyebrow after she hadn't answered him for thirty seconds.

"You want to dye my hair?"

"Yup," Ezra nodded eagerly.

"Since when did you become interested in art?" Sabine asked, slightly amused. She walked into her room and pressed a button to close the door. Ezra stopped it with his hand before it could close on him.

"I've always been interested in art!" Ezra said proudly, making his way into the room with his hands on his hips. "I am art." A pillow collided with his face.

"Get out of here, kiddo," the Mandalorian said as she plopped down on her bed, pen raised above her sketchbook.

"Well, technically, I'm only a year younger than you," Ezra said, dodging another pillow. "And can you please just let me try? I've got a few ideas."

Sabine paused for a moment, a smirk pinching at her cheeks. "You've got ideas?"

"Is it that surprising?"

"Alright," she shrugged, closing her book and standing up. "I'll let you use temporary spray on my hair. But just this once."

"Sweet!" Ezra grinned, grabbing a few bottles of who-knows-what off her shelf.

"Unless you want to blow my hair to bits, I'd put that down," she warned.

Ezra looked at the bottles of explosive paint in his hands and put them down sheepishly. "Yeah, let's not do that."

•   •   •

"Did you literally just spray yourself in the face?" Sabine asked.

"Um," Ezra said, still holding the yellow spray can up in the air. He slowly opened his eyes, praying that the colour he had just covered himself with would not drip down and blind him. "Maybe?"

Sabine smacked a hand to her head. "And this is why I said we should do this in your room."

Ezra turned the bottle the right way around and started spraying the colour onto her hair. "Hey, everybody sprays themselves in the face with bright yellow dye at least once in their life," he rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, sure, you keep on believing that," Sabine chuckled.

"Hey, Ezra! I told you to--" Zeb stopped mid-sentence as he walked into the room. He jumped at the sight of Ezra's bright yellow face and blue eyes that seemed to pop out like orbs against his skin.

Sabine laughed. "You okay there, Zeb?"

"Well, that's a sight I never thought I'd see," Zeb said, raising an eyebrow at them.

Ezra got up to look at himself in a mirror. "Come on, it can't be that--" He paused when he saw what was staring back at him. "Yeah, okay, that's pretty hilarious."

"What are you two doing?" Zeb asked, his bed creaking slightly as he sat down on it.

"Ezra wanted to dye my hair," Sabine explained, passing an orange bottle to Ezra. "I'm starting to have second thoughts about my decision, though."

"Well, don't," Ezra assured her. "It's going to look great."

And two hours and a spray-paint war later, it did.

"I've gotta say, I'm actually loving this look," Sabine said, admiring her short locks in the mirror. The deep red at her roots faded down into orange and then yellow as it reached the bottom of her hair. She twisted her fringe in her fingers, turning her head from side to side to get a better view of her fiery new style. "Not bad, Ez."

"What did I tell you?" Ezra grinned, giving her a high-five. "Now let's go show Kanan and Hera."

Zeb looked down at his paint covered body. "Maybe we shouldn't have gotten into a spray-paint fight."

"You look great, buddy," Ezra laughed, giving him a thumbs up.

The trio walked into the cockpit where Kanan had taken the wheel from a very tired Hera. The Twi'lek rested her eyes in the co-pilot seat, but opened them when Sabine started talking.

"So what do you guys think?" Sabine grinned, gesturing to her hair.

"It looks great, Sabine," Hera said, giving her a warm smile.

"You really have a talent," Kanan said, putting a gloved hand on her shoulder.

"Wish I could take credit for it, but this one's actually Ezra's," she smirked, gesturing to the Padawan behind her.

Kanan and Hera's jaws didn't drop at the fact that Ezra had actually done a great job, but at the sight of him. His hair was now more close to green than anything else and his clothes were a mess. The wide grin on his face looked almost comedic as he hid his blue hands behind his back.

Zeb laughed, but soon stopped when he realised he looked just as silly. Chopper giggled and poked him with his arm, saying things in binary that made Zeb glad he couldn't translate it.

"I'm not even going to question it," Kanan said, shaking his head but smiling all the same.

"And I don't even want to know what your room looks like," Hera said, closing her eyes again.

"Uh, yeah," Ezra said, rubbing the back of his neck, leaving blue marks on it. "That's another story."

• • •

Hi!

So just a short chapter for today. I know I haven't posted in a while, but I've been so busy watching the new episodes of Rebels and discussing them on Tumblr that I haven't had time. ;)

I just love Sabine, Ezra and Zeb. They make the best team.

ALSO: HOW COOL WAS HOMECOMING? I LOVED IT. I'm a Twi'lek fan for life.

Anyway, that is all.

Hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day!

And may the Force be with you, my young Padawans. ;)