Chapter 03

Author's Thoughts: Yeap, that's what the real Sage looks like above! You're about to find out what happened. Also, thank you again for giving this story a chance <3 Prepare your hearts for a fatal battle. You'll see what I mean.

Complications with Plans

{ three hours earlier }

The two-story colonial-style house, which is composed of mainly bricks, is one of the oldest buildings on the street. With its vast front lawn, large white columns and towering bedroom balconies, it just so happens to be one of the more grandiose residents in the area as well. Inarguably, the Rudawski family is the household everyone, who lives on Somerset Road at least, envies. However, they are also well-respected in the community since their family has been there for decades now. A whopping total of five generations have been raised within those very walls!

Since it's the weekend, everyone is home. Gerald Rudawski, the only man in the household, is in his study room, reviewing the cases his clients are entangled in. He's a defense lawyer, who, so far, has a 100% success rate, making him the number one sought after attorney in the entire district. His wife, Pamela, is in the bathroom, enjoying a glass of rich, red wine and a bubble-bath. It's her way of de-stressing. Like her spouse, she has a rather successful career. She's a wedding planner and dealing with women on the brink of insanity is certainly no picnic on the beach. Morgan, their daughter, is in the midst of ransacking her closet for an outfit to wear, while her cousin, Sage, is in her own room, scrawling out notes onto a piece of paper.

"No, that's not strong enough," the girl mumbles disapprovingly as she takes the pen and crosses off the words she finds unfitting for the speech she's supposed to deliver in less than four hours. She needs to captivate her audience. She has to get them riled up. If she doesn't, who will?

The house phone starts to ring. Nobody makes an effort to pick it up though. After she finally settles on what she would be wearing, Morgan walks over to her desk and decides to answer the phone. It's her aunt. "Sage! Your mom wants to talk to you!" she hollers from her room, which is only two doors down from her cousin's. She gets no response. "Sage!" she shouts again, a little frustrated this time around. It's clear that she's too preoccupied with god knows what to hear anything.

Not bothering to knock, because she will most likely be ignored again, Morgan pushes the door open and shakes her head when she catches sight of Sage hunched over her desk. "Sage, your mom's on the phone. She's wondering why you haven't answered any of her calls."

"I'm finished," the girl breathes as she straightens her posture and stands up, the completed work in her grasp. Now it's perfect. There's no way the crowd won't be moved by her words, which ooze with passion and determination. Next, Sage turns around and glances up, her lips pursing at Morgan's sudden appearance. She's wondering when her cousin got here and her eyes fall to the device sitting in her hand.