"It's okay. So...are you ready?"

"Yeah." I was on my way out the door when-

"Kyler, put the dishes in the dishwasher before you go!" my mom called out. "I'm not doing it for you."

I let out a sigh. "Be right back," I mumbled to Seth and went to put my dishes in the dishwasher. I quickly walked back out. "Okay let's go before my parents will say anything else."

"Alright let's go," he said while chuckling.

We went to his car and drove off. "Um where exactly are we going?" I asked, looking out the car window in an unfamiliar territory.

"You'll see." He smiled.

A few minutes later we arrived to a place called The Relaxing Lounge. "What's this place?" I asked as we went inside.

"It's a poetry lounge basically," Seth said, sheepishly scratching his head. "I hope it's cool that I brought you here..."

"Of course it is." I looked around the lounge. It definitely had a relaxing atmosphere. The place had dim lighting and had dark blue walls and different booths and lounge chairs. There was a girl on stage that was reading her poem and everyone silently watched and listened. "Do you come here very often?"

"Yeah..." He scratched his head again. "I...uh...write poems."

My face lit up into a grin. "I didn't know that. That's really cool!"

"Really?" He gave me a surprised look.

"Of course." I gave him a reassuring smile. "Do you go up on stage and read them?"

"Sometimes I do."

The girl on stage stopped speaking and everyone snapped their fingers instead of clapping, while I clapped with my hands for a few seconds before I knew I was the only one doing it. I winced and quickly snapped my fingers.

"It's okay, that happens to first-timers," Seth said, chuckling and holding my hand. "It happened to me too."

"Oh okay." I gave him a sheepish grin.

"Will anyone else like to come on stage?" The girl asked into the mic.

Seth nervously spoke up, "I-I would!" He took a sheet of paper out of his jacket pocket and went onto the stage. He cleared his throat and started speaking into the mic. "This poem is dedicated to my girlfriend, Kyler Kennedy," he said and everyone snapped their fingers in agreement.

I grinned. I can't believe he wrote a poem about me! I didn't even know he was a poet. He's very different from his friends, Dylan, Cayden, and Luke. They would never write poems, let alone read it.

After he was done with reading his poem on stage, everyone snapped their fingers. After it went quiet again, Seth said, "That's Kyler over there, folks. That amazing short brunette girl sitting over there." He pointed to where I was sitting and everyone turned to my direction, smiling and grinning at me. He walked off stage and went to the booth where I was sitting.

"You're an amazing poet!" I exclaimed, grinning at him. "I loved it! I had no idea you wrote poems."

"Thanks," Seth said, smiling sheepishly. "I was afraid you weren't going to like it."

"Really? Well I did, it really was awesome. I'm so glad you brought me here." We gazed into each other's eyes. He leaned in closer to me. Is this what I think it is? Is this happening...?

I leaned in closer too and our lips touched. We were actually kissing! There were a few occasions where we almost kissed, or at least I thought so, but didn't. I wasn't offended or anything since Seth was on the shyer side. After about fifteen seconds, we pulled away from each other.

"I should have asked you out a long time ago," Seth said breathlessly.

"That would have been good," I said jokingly. "But at least we are now." We kissed a few more times.

"Do you want to eat anything? Their butterscotch pudding cake is one of their bests," Seth said.

"Yeah I'll give it a try," I said. "I love butterscotch pudding so I'm sure I'll like the cake version."

"Okay cool." He gave me a smile and walked over to the counter to order our desserts. A few minutes later, he came back with both of our cakes.

I took a big bite of it. He was right, it is one of the best cakes I've ever had. "Mmm very good," I said with a mouth full of cake.

"I thought you'd like it," Seth said and smiled. We ate our cake, talked, and listened to people reading their poems out loud.

About a few hours later, Seth said, "Are you ready to go?"

I shrugged. "Yeah sure I guess," I replied. We walked out the door and went to the car.

As we got my house, I said, "Thank you for taking me to that lounge for the surprise. I really enjoyed it." I grinned.

He grinned back at me. "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I admit I was really nervous about telling you I wrote poems and reading my poem aloud."

"Why were you nervous?" I laughed.

"I don't know...I thought you would think I'm weird or dorky or something."

I gave him a look. "You think you're a dork? Pssh I'm the one that's a dork! I can be a little clumsy sometimes."

"You're not that dorky...Well maybe a little but in a cute way." He smiled and I chuckled. We leaned in and kissed.

We pulled away. "Well I guess I should go home. It's already late and I don't want to get in trouble," I said. "By the way, I would love to hear more of your poems."

"Really? That's cool," he said. "We can go next week around this time, if you want."

"Yeah sounds great." We gave each other one more kiss and then I said bye and went inside my house.

**********

A/N: So Kyler and Seth finally kissed yaaay! :D

READ

VOTE

COMMENT