Mistakes and Cups of Tea

Two months later.

Regina jumped when she felt hands that were too big, to rough, to not Emma, come around to rest on her hips. She cringed when a stubbly chin rest on her shoulder, rubbing against her neck. Pulling her gaze from the tire swing Emma built she tucked her necklace back into her blouse (the brunette had been playing with it. Again) before walking out of Robin's arms. A sigh sounded from behind her but she didn't turn.

"Regina...When are you going to accept that she's gone? You are with me now!" He plonked himself down on the sofa with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. The ex Queen spun and finally looked at him.

"What do you want me to say Robin? Please, tell me what you want to hear and I will say it." Tears were running down her face like it was the first time they had this talk. They never really stop having this talk. "Please! You want me to say 'I love you'? Is that it? She never would have left if it wasn't for us! What am-I...I-" She cut herself off and took a steadying breath. "I don't even know where she is Robin. I don't even know if she's ali- Alive." Her face scrunched up and she bent over at the waist hugging her stomach as incoherent mumbles flew from her mouth. 'Oh God! What have I done? Wha-'

Robin sat and watched as Regina crumbled before him, just as he has done almost every night for the past two months. He sighed as he stood, with one last glance at his 'soulmate' , who was now curled into a ball in the middle of the study floor, he went and fixed himself a drink.

E*R*E*R*E*R*E

It's been two months since Emma left Storybrooke and is now living in a small one bedroom, one bathroom apartment in New Orleans, waitressing at a diner down the road. No one knows where she is and the only people she keeps in touch with are her father and her son. Even then it's once a week and barely a 'hello, yes I'm still alive'. She's just passed the seventeen week mark and she's finally popped.

The blonde had just got home from her shift of at a diner down the road, she sighed as she slipped the key into the lock, pushing the door open. She picked up the mail and sifted through it as she walked through to the kitchen. Flipping the jug on she got her favourite tea cup, one that Henry gave her for mother's day last year with a picture of him on it, and set it down before kicking her shoes off and setting them under the table. Flinging her coat into the sitting room she rolled her neck and rubbed her swelling belly.

"Hey my little pebble, how was your day? You gonna move around tonight?" Earlier that week her she had felt her little pebble move, she only just managed to stop herself from calling Regina. Even though she smiled at her slightly protruding stomach she felt the guilt roll over her in waves, at least twice a day she dials Regina's number to tell her. And at least twice a day she chickens out. "I hope your day was better than mine." Emma moved back to the kitchen grumbling about drunken old men who can't keep their hands to themselves.

She sat on her second hand couch and sipped her tea lifting her legs to rest on the coffee table. Her head dropped onto the the back of the couch and and she sighed again, before long her mind had drifted back to Storybrooke and the people she left behind. Emma had just started to doze when the ringtone on her phone blared through her conscious.

The ex-sheriff jumped before swearing when her tea sloshed over the cup burning her thighs. She snatched her phone up off the table and growled into it without checking caller I.d.

"What?" Emma ran into the bathroom and running the cold water and sitting under it.

"Ma..?" Came the broken reply. She paused and hurried to turn the faucet off.

"Henry? What are you doing up?" She pulled her phone back to check the time. It was after midnight her time and early hours of the morning his.. "Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"I guess...Have you had enough time to think about what you want?" She could here him biting his lip through the phone and frowned.

"Henry," She sighed and lifted herself out of the tub and stripped out of her wet work clothes. "I don't think so kid, I just need a little longer." Now wrapped in her very fluffy robe she closed the toilet seat lid and sat on it.

"She's not doing so well ma." Emma held back a groan, they had an unspoken rule, never bring up Regina.

"Henry." Her voice dropped into a warning.

"I'm serious ma, ever since she got with that fuc--"

"Henry Mills! You kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"How can I? She lives I don't even know where!" Emma took a calming breath before speaking.

"Kid, I get that you're angry and you have every right to be. But you know I'm coming home." She bit her lip and waited. "Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do." The lack of hesitation made Emma's heart flutter. "I know you're going to come home when you're ready ma. I just miss you." He paused and Emma waited. "She cries, late at night when she thinks I'm sleeping. She sits on the tire swing you made at the back and just cries. If you saw her...she's so skinny and frail now, she has these dark circles under her eyes like constantly. She never smiles or laughs anymore, and if she does it's so forced it pains all of us." He was crying now, Emma could hear him sniffling. "I didn't ring you to try and guilt you into coming back. I just thought you should know we all miss you."

"I know kid, and I'm trying I really am. It's just, she hurt me Hen." Emma was whispering now. "I miss you guys, so, so much. I promise you I am almost ready. I just need another month. Tops."

"Okay." She heard ruffling in the background and then a sigh.

"Okay." Emma stood and made her way to her bed. "I love you Henry."

"I love you too ma.." He hung up and Emma did the same, throwing her phone somewhere near the sink and pressed her palms into her eyes.

Emma Swan was almost twenty weeks pregnant, she had just finished a 12 hour shift at a crappy diner where men of all ages thought they had some God-given right to grope her. Emma Swan had just had a heavy discussion with her son and she needed to sleep. But a certain brunette that had eyes like gold and a laugh as smooth as honey was at the forefront of her mind.

She sighed and picked up her phone to look at the time, she squinted at the screen, 4:18 am, she groaned and threw her phone at the end of the bed before throwing the blankets off and standing.

A/N...here you go! Let me know what you think yeah? And if I should continue with this? So sorry it took me super long to get up and super sorry if it's rushed! But I wanted to get something up for y'all. Enjoy! x