Chapter eleven

En başından başla

I watched as Gabe picked up his glass again taking a big sip before continuing. Oh boy this cant be good if he needed more liquid courage to continue on.

"I just needed to get Ryan out of that town. You see my ex Mia had always had the gossip mill running but her last stunt was just to much. Her actions were starting to stain the reputation or our son. Hell I could have dealt with her having an affair know problem, I've got big shoulders. God gave me them for a reason other then to play football. But I couldn't think of just myself at that point I have Ryan now, and that boy's my world. So when I gained full custody of him I started to go house hunting as far away as possible from my ex-wife and her drama. And that's why I left Texas. The shorter version without the gory details." Gabe said laughing at himself.

I was still stunned by the fact that his ex-wife has thought that Gabe wasn't enough, and that she needed to go out looking for greener pastures in the form of his cousin. But to top it all off was the fact that Gabe hadn't left his home town because he was embarrassed by his ex's actions. No he had left everything he had know so he could shield his young son from the whispers at the grocery store. And that fact alone warmed my heart even more trough Gabe, the gentle giant.

"I don't think its a good thing that you haven't said anything yet. Did I say to much?" Gabe asked while looking at me with concern in his eyes light by the fires light.

"I was just taking it all in."

Gabe nodded his head at me "Ya I know it's a wallop of a story."

I looked over to Gabe making sure to ketch hi eyes before saying "I hope you doing mind me saying this Gabe, but what was your ex-wife thinking? How could she not be fully satisfied with you. Your like a fucking cowboy god, And who could she do this kind of thing to Ryan? He's just a baby! Your a fantastic man and father, and that story just proves that fact alone."

Gabe just stared at me after I finished my rant. The sane side of my brain was now screaming that we would probably have to leave pretty soon after that rant. And lets not forget this want the first time I had but my foot in my mouth during the courses of the evening. Crap.

But just when I thought Gabe was going to ask me to leave, for bashing his ex-wife. He have me that crocked smile while his stormy gray eye's darkened with to many emotions for me to pick out just one.

"I don't mind what you said Lilly. I wonder about the same things many nights after I found out about the affair. But Mia has always been a hot mess like that even in high school. And my momma promised me she would never change the day I told her I was proposing. I should have listen to her, but at least I got Ryan from the deal."

I let out the breath I had been holding before answering him. "I thought you were going to be anger with me because I said those things. My mouth runs faster than my brain most times."

Gabe continued to smile at me. "Its fine you were just being honest."

"Still-" I sighed looking away from Gabe and into the fire.

"So you think I'm a cowboy god?" Gabe asked as he smirked at me while leaning forwarded so his elbows now rested on hid muscular thighs.

I try to hide my face with my hands. I couldn't believe I had said that out load. That personal tidbit was not suppose to leave my heat. Crap.

I turned my head back to were Gabe sate looking at me still smiling. There was no real way of hiding from him. "Ah well ya about that. You cant tell me you don't know how handsome of a man your are."

Gabe's eyes darkened with a very clear emotion, lust. "Ya, I've been called handsome, cute, hot and sexy but never have I been brought up to GOD standing. Especially a cowboy god at that."