Chapter 5-Puzzles

CHAPTER!!

The next day when you awoke, your head was on Sans' shoulder, and his arm was draped around your shoulders. You felt your cheeks become hot, but it felt safe in his arms, you felt protected. You nuzzled up against him, gaining a soft snore from him. You snorted, trying to hold in your own laugh. Soon enough, Sans woke up, yawning. He looked down at you and saw the predicament. You could have sworn you saw his face go blue once he stood. 

"heh... i told you kid, i was bone-tired. i guess i got cold myself..." He muttered, slipping his hands back into his jacket pockets. You could tell your face was still bright red, and wasn't going to dtop being red for awhile. You then heard Papyrus, breaking the silence between you and Sans. "HUMAN! SANS! ARE YOU UP YET?! BREAKFAST IS ALMOST DONE". You stood up yourself. "Y-Yeah! We're coming Papyrus!" You said, zooming into the kitchen.

You sat down at the table and saw Papyrus, making spaghetti, of course. "GOOD MORNING HUMAN! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL BE TAKING YOU AND MY BROTHER OUT ON AN ADVENTURE TODAY!" He said cheerfully. "What's that adventure, Papyrus?" You asked, looking as Sans walked into the kitchen. "WE WILL BE GOING OUT TO DO SOME PUZZLES THAT THE GREAT PAPYRUS HAS SET UP!". "oh, that's good papyrus. it's better than just being snowdin all day, huh?" Sans said, winking at me, gaining a groan of frustration out of Papyrus. You laughed, you loved these two so much.

Later in after breakfast, you all walked outside into the coldness. It seemed much more colder than usual, you shivered and wrapped your arms around yourself. But soon enough, the cold disappeared when Sans wrapped his jacket around you. You looked at him and took it off right away, throwing it back into his arms. "kid, it's fine. i'm a skeleton, the cold doesn't bother me". He once again put the jacket around me. You gave in, no way you were winning against him.

Papyrus led you over to a place in snowdin you haven't seen before. It had x's on the snow. "HERE'S THE FIRST PUZZLE, HUMAN! YOU HAVE TO CHANGE EVERY X INTO AN O TO COMPLETE THE PUZZLE! PAPYRUS WILL HELP YOU IF YOU CANNOT SOLVE IT!". You looked at the puzzle, before looking at Sans who gave you a wink. Your filled with determination. You walked up to the puzzle, gently stepping onto the X, surprisingly it changed itself to an O. 

"GREAT JOB HUMAN! THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS PROUD OF YOU! BUT THE PUZZLES WILL ONLY GET HARDER! NYEH-HEHHEHEHEH-HEH!" He yelled, running ahead of you and Sans, probably to fix up the next puzzle. You noticed Sans waiting for you. You walked up to him and he winked. "nice job on the puzzle, kiddo, papyrus seems happy, thanks kid". You looked at him and smiled warmly. You were glad you made them happy, it gave you more determination.

You and Sans walked together to where Papyrus was standing. "HUMAN! THIS IS YOUR SECOND PUZZLE! IT IS MORE CHALLENGING!". You looked at the puzzle, it was still X's and O's, but so much more of them. You smiled. You walked to the puzzle, stepping on any X's. Once you finished, Papyrus applauds you. "SPLENDID, HUMAN! YOU COMPLETED THE SECOND PUZZLE! NOW ON TO OUR FINAL, AND MOST DIFFICULT PUZZLE YET! NYEHEHEHEH!". He ran off. 

"nice job kid. you doing so well on the puzzles which means i can't help you, which is absolutely fine because i literally love to do nothing" He chuckled and walked off. You smiled. You were having fun, honestly more fun that you've had up on the surface at least. You decided to explore for a bit before you took on the next puzzle. You noticed there was a trail heading down, so you walked. 

Once you got there you saw a statue of a flexing Papyrus... and a lump of snow which has 'sans' written on it in read marker. You snorted then laughed out loud. Goodness, this was priceless. This is what the skelebro's do on their spare time?! You wiped away your tears, still giggling from that. This is a good one to tell the brothers. No more break. You walked to where the brothers were at.

Once you got there, you saw the two brothers. You noticed Sans right eye was flickering blue, but he sighed once he saw you. You looked at him, but he just shrugged and closed his eyes. "HUMAN! THIS IS YOU'RE FINAL AND MOST CHALLENGING PUZZLE! THE COLORED TILES!". He explained all the rules to you, which, to be honest, confused the heck out of you but you went along with it. He pressed a button and the tiles activated. You stepped forward, but noticed the tiles were moving faster and faster, until it stopped working. Papyrus was silent. "A-AHEM! THIS WAS ANOTHER VICTORY FOR THE GREAT PAPYRUS!". You giggled. 

You were about to walk, when Papyrus stops you. "HUMAN... WE NEED TO TALK. WHEN I SAW YOU SOLVE THOSE PUZZLES, THE WAY YOU WERE SMILING DOING THEM, IT MADE ME HAPPY. IT MADE ME REALIZE THAT YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR PUZZLES, JUST LIKE ME! ALSO, IT MADE ME REALIZE YOU'RE LOVE FOR ME.. HUMAN. I, THE GREAT, PAPYRUS, WILL GO ON A DATE WITH YOU!". You stared at him. What? What now? You looked at Sans and he was looking at you and Papyrus. 

You slowly looked at Papyrus. You didn't want to reject him, that would be mean and you didn't want to hurt his cute little soul. "Okay, Papyrus, let's do it!" You smiled. You looked at Sans and saw him asleep. Wow. "GREAT! NOW LET'S GO BACK! COME ON S-.. UGH! SANS! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!" He stomped over to his brother and lifted him up on his back, wrapping his legs around his waist. Sans cuddled to his brother and snored, he looked happy. They looked cute.... Really cute. All three of you walked home. Going out on a date with Papyrus fills you with determination.