1. Been A While

"Sure you don't mind watching her?"
"Lydia, this is the first time you're going out in almost a year. Go!" Melissa gladly takes a two year old Claudia from Lydia. Two years. Two full years and so much had already happened.

Scott and Isaac had been accepted to the same college a few towns over from Beacon Hills, the two of them getting an apartment together to save some money. Kira had gone back to New York for half a year before moving back and splitting an apartment with Allison. Stiles and Lydia?

Ms. Martin managed to get Lydia her own apartment, the strawberry blonde working as a waitress during the day to pay bills. She'd leave Claudia with her mother or Stiles while she worked, taking online college courses as she got home or staying up late.

Stiles on the other hand was saving up for an apartment of his own, working his way up at the sheriffs station making a fair amount of money. He'd stay in the offices all day, working out cases and Claudia had just become a personal police force cheerleader.

On this uneventful Saturday, Stiles had requested he not be left with baby duty so he could go out, the first time he'd gone out in a couple of months. Lydia agreed thinking she could ask Melissa to babysit so she could go out as well, the first time in almost a year. It was true Stiles usually had a little more free time than Lydia. They didn't really plan on ending up at the same club.

Stiles brings the little glass of pink liquid up to his mouth, downing all of the substance at once before slamming the cup back on the table.
"That's his fifth shot." Isaac says, sipping on his drink. They were in a secluded little booth towards he back of the club, Scott, Isaac, and Stiles.

"I think I deserve it." Stiles rasps, shaking his head in an attempt to push back the slight queasiness he felt. Just before Isaac could retort...
"Oh my god, Stiles?!" Heather squeals, maneuvering in and out of people. Stiles turns around in his seat, eyes wide as the blonde came at him arms wide open.

Approximately also two years back, Stiles had slept with Heather when he went away to college for three months. They dated for a couple of days after but seeing as he was still madly in love with Lydia, they broke it off.
"Heather... Hi!" He starts off hesitant before giving her a smile. Stiles stands and gives her a hug with a sneaky roll of his eyes.

But when he pulls back, his eyes are still trained over her shoulder. Who knew they'd be at the same club? There was Lydia, her strawberry blonde hair down in loose curls and so different from the usual messy bun Stiles would see when passing off Claudia. She wore dangerously short shorts with heels that made her legs look too long, her sparkly tank top reflecting off of what little lighting there was. She was dancing a little, swaying back and forth and laughing with someone who looked like Allison and probably was. It was safe to say he'd gotten a little distracted.

"Stiles!" Scott's voice in his ear breaks his dream like state. The werewolf nods his head in Heathers direction.
"I said it's been a while, huh?" The blonde repeats but Stiles was still speechless. He found himself still looking over her shoulder while sputtering out incoherent words. It's not like he didn't see her almost every week but this was different. She wasn't tired from work or school or staying up all night with Claudia. No, it'd been a while since he had seen this Lydia. Because this was care free high school Lydia.

"Yeah. Yeah it has." He nods frantically, forcing a swallow and breathing seemed nearly impossible.
"Shit, why is Allison here?" Isaac takes one of the shots off of their table upon seeing his exe. In that moment all three boys were a mess: Stiles too stunned by Lydia to even mutter a correct sentence to Heather, Isaac downing yet another shot while thinking of any excuse to get out of the club and away from Allison. Last but not least, Scott, who was also frozen in spot by the mention of Allison for reasons only he knew.

"Dance with me?" Heather grabs Stiles hand, not giving him a chance to respond before dragging him on to the floor. Of course dancing was rarely regular dancing. It's not like Stiles was going to whip out the sprinkler. Maybe in middle school but this was adult world. And in adult world, dancing meant girls grinding on guys, asses pressed to crotches, drinks in hands and sexual tension roaring through veins.

She'd picked a spot too close to Lydia for comfort but he tried to push her from his mind.
"STILINSKI!" And thank god that he would know that voice anywhere. It gave him the opportunity to take charge, grabbing Heathers hand while purposely brushing by Lydia to go to the call of his name.

The tall, skinny man in the corner of the room he knew as Thom stood with a smirk and a drink to which Stiles was greeted with a slap on the back. A couple of his other "college" buddies were gathered around the high top table, also greeting him in return.

"Stiles?" I knew that voice. He loved that voice. But if the boy was to be called upon one more time, he would surely lose it.
"Lydia? Oh my god, hey!" He acts surprised, still fully aware of the blonde attached to his hip. Speaking of.
"You're Lydia? Stiles you never said how gorgeous she was." Suck up. "I'm Heather." She offers her hand, snaking the other around Stiles' back.

"Heather." Lydia repeats the name with distaste that only Stiles was able to detect, taking her hand. The strawberry blonde takes in her appearance. The girls hair was a gorgeous shade of gold, her skin fair and close to white and the combination of short skirt and sneakers screamed Taylor Swift songs.
"Thom." He was sure to emphasize the slight British accent in his voice. Ladies love it, Stiles could recall the man saying at one point.

"Gonna introduce me, ya bastard?" Stiles cackles at the voice, giving Jackson a bro-shake as he returns to the table from the bar. Both guys exchange a few words, Stiles introducing everyone (excluding Thom since Jackson had bunked next to them).

"So. Stiles....dance?" Heather asks again. Stiles eyes Lydia before nodding. Just like that her hand was back in his and they were back in the crowd, adult dancing. Halfway through the first song someone brought him a drink that he downed quickly, trying his best to loosen up. So he got another drink. And another one. Eventually he'd gained that half awake state of mind, the bass of the music throbbing, Heathers body against his in a way that made his clothes feel way too tight.

Some point throughout the night, he'd seen Isaac making small talk with Allison. Good for him too, trying to get back together with her. Scott and Thom seemed deep in conversation over lord knows what. Lydia? He'd been unable to locate her and he kind of figured she had left too. What he didn't know is that she left with someone.

Then again if she did leave with someone, he shouldn't care because a moment later he ended up parked in front of his house in the back seat with Heather.

But back to Lydia. Oh, and Jackson. Neither of them was really one for partying and upon discovering that similarity, they left. Jackson drove them to a small cafe where they made small talk about books and colleges until they too had made it back to her apartment.

The sunlight felt more like a death ray and Lydia mentally cursed herself for not closing the curtains in her room last night. Only when a light sigh sounded from the other side of her bed did she remember she was not alone.
"You want coffee?" Lydia mumbles to which Jackson chuckles, a grin on his face as he rubs his eyes.
"Coffee sounds amazing." He replies.

"Stiles you've got to-" the sheriff stops mid sentence, opening the door to his sons room. Stiles was standing, one leg already in his jeans and the other ready to be put in. The girl in his bed is what had stopped the man. Quickly Stiles finished putting on his pants before awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Uh, Dad this is Heather..." He introduces, avoiding both of their gazes.
"You've got to be to the station at two." The man says before closing the door again.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors note:

AHHHHHHHH! This is the first time I've ever written a sequel and y'all probably already hate me but I feel like I can live with that!
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe