~One~

I grab the shell brush off of my vanity table. I brush through the tangles and knots through my brown locks. I feel the currents change and my sister's thoughts come to my head. She wants to scare me.

"Boo!" I hear her yell from behind me.

I laugh as I turn around, her expression immediately changes from happy to sad.

"Dang it! You read my thoughts. Coral! You need to stop that." Serena wines.

Grinning, I reply, "But I can't dear sister. For it is my gift, I just can't stop using it." with a smooth movement, I swiftly turn back to the mirror.

"Well ok." She pauses, and swims over to my side. "Have you seen Pearl?"

"No, bu-" I never get to finish when Pearl swims in, her expression full of excitement. Her auburn hair follows her every move.

"Hi Coral! Hi Serena! Guess what!" She exclaims, her smile growing with every passing second.

"What?" Serena and I both ask at the same time.

"Dad is hosting a party for Prince Tammer. AND we can come! All the princesses and princes are coming too to celebrate the prince's birthday. Cause, as you know, he just came of age!" Her words were a blur in my mind.

I've had a crush on Tammer since I was 15 and he was 16, now, him being of age to marry. My dad is probably going to seal an alliance with Prince Tammer's kingdom. Oh great, that means he is going to make one of us marry him.

I feel my cheeks burn, I look away to try to hide it, but Serena catches me.

"Coral, what are you doing?" She asks, smiling.

"N-nothing." I stutter.

"Oh my shark! You're blushing! You like Prince Tammer don't you?" Serena squeals in my ear.

"No!" I yell, swimming away from my sisters.

"This is awesome! You get to see him at the party! And he could ask you to dance!" Pearl chips in.

I feel my cheeks burn up even more.

"He probably doesn't even remember me. Besides, he probably doesn't even like me." I say, trying to get them to stop.

"But what if he does." Serena whispers. "I mean, what if Prince Tammer is looking for a wife, I mean, you're of age."

"We all are of age, we're triplets." I say.

"Yes, but your the oldest Coral, so that makes you the eligible one to marry." Pearl says as she swims over to my side.

"I don't know. I don't think I want to be married right now." I whisper, looking out my bedroom window. The city is calm.

"But you could be married to Tammer." Serena says, behind me.

"But how do you know it will be Tammer?" I ask.

"Because I over heard dad talking about getting you suitors. And one of them was going to be Prince Tammer." Serena replies in a rush.

"What!" I yell.

So the party isn't just for Prince Tammer's birthday, it's also to get me married off. This is just great.