Chapter Six: He Saved Me

Start from the beginning

"What?" I asked feeling really annoyed. He shook his head, still smirking like crazy. "Nothing. It's just I feel really confident that I will win this bet." He stated cockily.

"Why is that?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. "I'm just a very confident person." He shrugged his shoulders. Of course he'd think like that. "Really? Confident or cocky? You see I think you're more cocky than confident. Also if you think that I'm easily gonna back down, that's not going to happen." I retorted.

"Let me ask you something." He leaned closer to me making me lean back. Does this boy know anything about personal space? Not everyone wants to smell his way too strong cologne!

"Why do you care? I mean why do you want me to change my ways? How does how I think and who I am have anything to do with you?" He looked at me curiously. Taking a deep breath, I looked him straight in the eyes.

"I'm not doing this because I care about what you think. I want to change how you treat other people. Remember when we went to the homeless shelter? Did any of that make you stop and think? Let me guess, you just felt bad for them and that's all. Don't you get that it's people like you who are making life hard for them? I'm just being brutally honest right now. If that girl slapping you didn't knock any sense into you then I hope that will." I concluded. He sat there silently and stared at me.

"Actually plans off, I'm not gonna take you to the place I was planning on taking you." He responded with a serious look. Where was he planning on taking me anyway? "How about we call it a day today?" He got up and grabbed his stuff. What is wrong with him? Is he on his man period or something? I swear you'd think he was a girl with his mood swings.

Adam Mathews

For the rest of the day I couldn't stop thinking about what she said. It's so weird because no one has ever said that to me before. Maybe I'm just reading too much into her words? Yeah that's definitely it. I looked at myself one more time in the mirror and smiled. Yup I'm ready for this party. It sucks that I decided not to bring Scarfy. Instead I want to see how she'll change my ways whatever that means. I heard a knock on my door and Jennette came in. "What is it?" I asked in an annoyed tone. "Alex and a young lady are waiting downstairs for you." She informed. Young lady? I thought to myself curiously.

Walking out of my room, I made my way down the stairs and saw Alex and Kathie standing in front of the door. Damn I completely forgot she was coming with us! Now the car ride there will be awkward. "Hey dude!" Alex put me in a headlock. "Glad to see you're feeling better. I told you that you'll have a killer hang over didn't I?" He smirked at me.

"Shut up and let's go."

"H-Hey... How are you feeling?" Kathie asked nervously. I stopped walking and turned towards her slowly. "I'm fine." I replied after a moment of silence. This room suddenly felt so much colder than before. I guess the awkwardness is actually taking a toll on me. But who could blame me for acting this way? After what she did to me I could never be normal with her. After we broke up I swore I'd never be in a serious relationship again. So far I've been good with keeping that promise.

* * *

The car ride to Alex's house was as I predicted, awkward. Mostly it was only Alex who was trying to make conversation but he soon gave up too. I really wish she wasn't here, then I'd be comfortable. After we arrived we got out of the car and got inside his house. This is actually his second house that the party is located at. So far almost half of our classmates were here partying. There were people making out in one corner, some dancing in the living room, others drinking and talking. "You want a beer?" Alex asked grabbing two of them. By now Kathie has already went to her group of friends thank goodness.