Chapter 4

Marc left the clinic alone, since Callie would stay the night in observation. He went to her house to talk with Alexander and prepare their bags. He had explained Kyle the situation and the Alpha was on Misty's side, agreeing to move Callie and her son to their house. The fear that Marc had seen on Callie's eyes was bothering him. What did she think? That he would beat her or kill her? 

No... but I'm sure you wouldn't mind to fuck her... His wolf replied inside his head. Marc cursed again. He couldn't deny that Callie was a beautiful woman, but he wouldn't dare to touch her in that way. She had suffered enough in life.

When he got to Callie's house, he saw a little face peering from the window, hidden by the long white curtains. In some seconds, the door opened and an anxious Alexander ran out of the house in his direction.

"Where is mommy?" He asked, tears running down his face.

"She is fine, but she will stay at the clinic tonight." Marc said, picking him up.

He wasn't counting on what happen next. Alexander threw his arms around his neck and hugged him tight. Marc wasn't use to hug anyone. Since his imprisonment, he couldn't stand people hugging or touching him around. Strangely, it felt good.

He put his nephew on the floor.

"Since your mother is a bit sick, you two will live with me for some time. Is that ok for you?" He asked the boy. The kid just nodded and both entered the house.

He asked Carla to help him prepare the bags to take to the mansion. He didn't want to touch Callie's clothes, specially her underwear. He went to Alexander's room and started putting everything that he thought the boy would need. When he was about to close the bag, he felt a hand grab his jeans.

"I want to bring Mr. Snowman with me." Alexander said, putting a small teddy on Marc's large hand.

"Do you sleep with your teddy?" He asked, curious.

"Yes and with mommy too, sometimes." The boy replied, oblivious to the reaction of the male beside him. Marc's eyes almost popped out of his head, his thoughts creating the image that he didn't want to see.

Clearing his throat and putting the teddy inside the bag, Marc mind-linked Carla. She was already downstairs, ready to go.

Both males went down the stairs and joined Emily's mother in the living room. Sparing a last glance at his house, Alexander followed the adults outside. 

When he saw the mansion and realized that it was there that he would stay for some weeks, the boy ran enthusiastically toward the front door. Luke was there already, his face serious.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? The woman cannot stand you in the same room..." He asked Marc.

Marc stared at his friend for some moments, before answering.

"I have no choice. Is either this or Callie loosing the baby and I think I owe my deceased brother a lot. I have to take care of them. At least I feel I can do something for him." Marc explained. Luke just nodded and walked toward his sister to help her with the bag.

Up, on the second floor, Marc paused. He didn't know where he was going to place both Alexander and his mother. Finally, after some moments of staring at the hallway, he decided to take their bags to the room that was in front of his. Like that, he could be there for them if something wrong happened.

Alexander was beside him when he opened the door to his new bedroom. The first thing the boy did, was to jump on the king size bed. 

It was almost time for dinner and Marc decided to take his nephew to the kitchen, so they could prepare something to eat.