Secrets.

"Alex! Time to get up!" Alex's mother yelled up the stairs. Groaning, Alex rolled over and hid under the blankets.
"Alex! You're going to be late!" His mother yelled once more, finally going up the stairs and knocking on his door.
Alex smirked to himself, deciding to play a trick on his mother and disappear.
So he did, and the lump that was him in his bed  was now reduced to nothing.
"Alex? Alex where are you?" His mother called out, clearly not concerned just yet.
In the mean time, Alex was fixing himself up, getting dressed and ready for school, then running downstairs, reappearing as he saw the coast was clear, then making himself a bowl of cereal.
"Mom! I'm down here!" The boy called back, snickering to himself.
A minute later, his mom appeared, shock evident on her face.
"I thought you were still asleep, dear!" She laughed.
"Nah. I woke up a while ago. Just thought I'd play a little prank on you! Remember when you went back upstairs to shower earlier? When you did that, I hid in the cabinet under the sink." Alex lied easily. He never told his family about his little secret. Didn't want to. It was far too dangerous.
"Oh, you sneaky little...!" His mother laughed, walking over and going to pinch his cheeks, but as always, Alex retracted.
"Mom, I'm 22, I'm a bit too old for cheek pinching, dontcha think?" Alex chuckled.
"A bit too old for that, and a bit too old to live with your parents! Alexander, your college has dorms, you know. You could stay there. Your father and I could help pay for it." His mother pressed.
Alex groaned, "Mom, we've been over this, I'm just simply too lazy! Plus it's easier to live here."

His mother sighed, "You'll have to move out eventually."
"Yeah right." Alex scoffed, laughing as he stepped out the door, back on his way to campus.

"As of today, all students are required to live in dorms!" The head of Alex's college announced, making his jaw drop. "What?!" He yelled without knowing, covering his mouth and flushing bright red.
"What..?" He whispered to himself, sighing.
"All students who do not have a roommate or who do not live on campus as of yet, please report to Mr. Stump's office." The head spoke again, so, Alex, seeing as he didn't bring lunch and wasn't feeling up to eating yet, sprang from his seat, making a mad dash to Mr. Stump's office, knowing that if he wasn't fast, he wouldn't be able to get in for a good hour.

"Okay... Since you two are the last, I'll have to pair you up. You'll be living on floor 3, room 5." Mr. Stump smiled at the raven haired boy and the Briton.
"Great.." Alex mumbled.
"Oh cmon, I'm not that bad." The raven haired boy spoke, flashing a handsome smile at the Briton.
"Not what I was implying... I just wasn't set on moving in so soon." Alex blushed slightly, simply from the smile the boy had given him.
"Hey, you and me both, man. But it'll work out." The boy spoke once more, standing up, Alex following his movements.
Alex simply nodded, being the first to walk out of the office, the boy following close behind.
"So, since we're gonna be roomies, I think we should get to know each other!" He gushed, filled with joy.
Alex chuckled, "You sound like a teenage girl, dude. But, I'm Alex. Alex Gaskarth." he turned in his last sentence, catching the boy by surprise and almost knocking him to the floor.
"Whoops. But, I'm Jack. Jack Barakat." Jack smiled, holding out his hand.
Alex rolled his eyes, shaking his hand and then turning back around, walking to his next class.
"So, do you like music?" Jack beamed, walking beside Alex.
"Mhm, play guitar, too. Can't really sing, though." Alex shrugged.
"You play guitar too? Awesome! Guitar buddies!" Jack laughed.

"This boy is certainly gonna be a handful." Alex thought to himself.

(YOOO okay okay so this is like a supernatural [not the tv show] kind of fic. so they have powers and shit and it's interesting ok ya just gotta read, I'll go over Jack's powers in the next chapter probably.)