Chapter 1: The Life of a Cursed Child

"-ey, Hey! HEY!"

A small girl standing in front of a burning building watches as the flames expand into the darkness.

"Hey kid! You've got to get out of here before the- Hey? Kid?"

The villager places a hand on the girls shoulder and in return recieves a dead and icy stare. One that would rack fear in any human. One that would strike fear in any kind of beast, no matter it's size. The cold and dark look, the one that was void from emotion... The pieces of it that was lacking humanity. That's what made it so terrifying.

The man instantly pulled away and tripped over his own feet, falling to the ground in a startled manner.

"Why not watch the damage I have caused unfold?" She said in a calm voice, her sentence lacking just as much emotion as her cold gaze. "After all, it was my doing... "

---------------

"Huh?" Her eyes opened, instinctively squinting from the harsh sunlight that was peaking through her tattered curtains. She winced and placed a bandaged hand over her face while continueing to stare at the airy particles dance around her unkept room.

"That dream again, huh?" She whispered to no one in particular while rubbing the sleep out of her dull eyes.

The bed creaked and groaned as she swiveled to get out of her bed. Her hair was a wreck, and so was her tattered shirt and and pants. Her appearence clearly displayed the tossing and turning she had done that night, and the dark circles lining her eyes only added to her unkept exterior.

She let out a lengthy yawn before jumping down from her loft bed, but not before tripping over her own books that littered the dusty floor. She let herself fall, not feeling quite up to catching herself so early in the morning. This was a regular routine for her. She was a small and frail thing that was rather clumsy. She would trip over air if it was the only thing in her way. After all, the bumps and bruises that coated her skin weren't there for nothing, but then again, they didn't just come from her frequent falls.

She sighed and layed there for a minute, her legs entangled with the many books that were scattered upon her floor. She was about to shut her eyes once more for a small nap before the door to her bedroom burst open and a loud hardy voice hit her ears like a shouting alarm clock

"Rise and shine ya little runt! Eggs are on the table and if you don't hurry me and the guys'll eat em for ya."

She groaned in annoyance as the beefy man peeled her off of the splintered wooden floor and rung her out like a cleaning cloth.

"And for the love of god, get cleaned up. Ya reek. Duties start in thirty minutes so you better make it snip-snap!" He called to her as he left the room with the frying pan is his large hand.

The young girl rolled her eyes, wanting nothing more than one night of rest. She stretched out her short limbs and headed to the bathroom where she rinsed herself and brushed her teeth before putting on her work clothes and heading out the door.

"It's about time you got down here! Breakfast is already cold!" The buff man stated in a nagging tone with one hand on his hip.

The girl shrugged her petite shoulders before looking over at him. "Not hungry." She muttered as she opened the front door and headed out to fulfill her duties for the day.

"That lil' brat! Why I outta-"

"Cut her some slack Rick... You know what kind of shit that girl has been through. She's probably exhausted." The wiser of the group of men stated as he read the wrinkled up newspaper from that morning.