[18] Cringe Worthy

Start from the beginning

He's unsurprisingly hesitant to do so. I don't exactly live in the same situation as him because even if my younger brother can kill; he doesn't.

"Just come with me. I'm not going to let him hurt you." I know I shouldn't be adding someone elses problem to my own, and I especially know I'm not much of a bodyguard. However there isn't a chance that I'll ever not at least try.

My words work though. And soon enough I'm speeding through the streets of Beacon Hills hoping not to garner up a ticket. When we arrive at the station, I couldn't help but notice how the power seemed to be out in all of Beacon Hills.

Which makes me feel relieved that it wasn't something set on attacking my building because of me, but then it makes me worried as to what caused the blackout in the first place.

I pull up to the closes parking space, only to have my headlights illuminate the annoyed faces, mainly just Stiles', of the free teenagers. Oh. I roll my window down and stick my head out the window. "Uh. Better late then never?"

"Not when your being interrogated by the police!" Stiles quips before making a beeline to his jeep with an annoyed looking Lydia. Okay I know my dad is a douche-nozzle, but it couldn't have been that bad. . .who am I kidding.

Scott finishes talking to a girl whom I've never met before she gets escorted away. I wave him over, and he immediately spots the passenger in my car. Even if Hunter is laying down in the back seat.

"Who was that?" I question as soon as he's next to the window.

"Kira. She's a friend from school, and someone who can cause a blackout apparently." The latter of my brother's statement comes out in a hushed whisper. Making me wonder if he was trying to only let me know, or trying to not let me hear.

"Well she looks adorable. You both do actually." I grin widely at him. Most likely to the point of appearing unstable, but I'm an older sister these type of situation are hand written into the older sibling manual.

Scott's face grows from a mortified expression, because of my comment, to one of suspicion as a sneeze erupts from the back seat. I cringe, and let out a few coughs.

"Oh wow. Excuse me that sneeze was -- uncalled for." I try to play it off, but it's no use seeing as Scott had already payed notice to the extra person in my car. Knowing that he would have found out sooner or later I deiced to come clean. "Scott you remember Jace's older brother right? Well at least the more sane one."

He nods his head slowly after having taken a few minutes to recall on his old memories. "Hunter?"

Said person sits up in the back seat, but I keep my eyes on my brother to see his reaction. It's not that there was ever any bad blood between the two, but as far as Scott knows the Wayland's are all still werewolf hunters.

"Long story short Jace is still alive, was part of the alpha pack, is a complete psycho who calls himself Jason, and killed everyone in his family. Well except for him." I end my long winded explanation with a thumb jab behind me.

Scott's cautious stare dwindles away by the end of my summery. "I'm sorry for your lose." He directs the sincere statement to the ex-hunter in my backseat before turning his attention back to me. "Are you taking him with the same friend who helped you over in--"

I wildly wave my hand around on his face in an attempt to keep him from finishing his sentence. "Shush! Someone could hear you." And by someone I mean the very person who we are hiding from.

"Alright. I get it." He takes a step away from the car as I turn it back on again." Take care of yourself, Hunter." With a single hand wave, and whole hearted smile, my brother makes his way over to his dirt bike.