Chapter 28: The Eleven Have A Paint War

A/N Hello everyone! How have you been? I know it's been about a week and a half since I updated, and three days since I was supposed to, and I'm sorry. This chapter was kind of hard for me to come up with. I had many more ideas for the last six, not the last seven.

Yeah, this is the seventh-to-last chapter! But, since people seemed to like the idea of a sequel, I think I'm going to do it! You'll have to wait and see to find out what the theme is, but stay tuned; I may need your help with a decision or two down the road!

Anyway, here's Chapter 28. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ana’s POV

The next morning, as I got up, plenty of thoughts buzzed through my head. I realized that the summer was going by so quickly. How many more weeks, or even days, did we even have left? When were the lads leaving us? Would they ever come back? What would senior year be like after we had finished this absolutely perfect summer?

I know, I know. I worry too much, don’t I? But you would too, if you were losing some of the nicest people you’ve met.

I sighed, and got up from the bed, stretching out my arms as I did so. As I quickly checked the calendar, my heart sank. It was already a week into August, and I hadn’t even noticed! This left a little more than three weeks or so to spend with the boys, plus to get ready for the school year!

“Ana! It’s time for breakfast!” I heard my dad call from downstairs. “We have your favorite!”

I quickly slipped my favorite pair of slippers on and ran down the stairs. “Is it a cinnamon crunch bagel?” I asked, smiling.

“Yup, and it’s even put through the bread slicer, you picky little girl,” Dad said, laughing as he came over to me, ruffling my messy hair.

I frowned. “It’s only because it became habit. You’re the one who ordered it for me when I was a kid,” I reminded him, elbowing him.

Dad and I had a very interesting relationship. I had always wanted a little brother or sister, and I once made the mistake of saying that around him out loud. He had many moments of being the mature adult he should be, but when he got an opportunity, he would become just like my own little brother.

“Alright, you win,” Dad laughed. “Would you feed Shadow, please? Your mom didn’t feed her before going to her nail appointment,” he added.

“Sure, Dad,” I said, going to find the food scoop, which had moved since last night. It had probably been Dad again. As I fed Shadow, I said, “Hey, Dad, is Mom still mad at me for refusing to go to law school?”

Dad sat down at the table with his coffee. “I don’t know munchkin. She just wants what’s best for you, and you know that.” He always called me munchkin. It had always been his nickname for me.

I nodded, putting the food scoop away. “I know. But I thought she would want me to be happy, you know?” I sighed, walking to the counter where he had left my food.

“She does, Ana. She really does,” Dad said as I took the food into my hands, as well as a glass of apple juice, and brought it to the table, taking my seat next to him. “Here, let me tell you something,” he added.

“Yeah, what is it?” I asked, looking up at him.

“Be an author. It’s your life. I’ve read some of your stories, and they’re really good. I heard your friend Harry raving about a poem you wrote. People need to hear your words,” Dad said, grinning at me.