Chapter 9: Lizzie Gets Unwelcome Advice

A/N Hey everyone! So, I finished the chapter today during class, and I decided to upload today instead of tomorrow. But I thought I should really quickly tell you something awesome!

So, I'm in History class, and we're waiting for class to start. I'm sitting at my desk, my notebook out, writing this story, when my teacher plays the song of the day. He always plays a song, sometimes since it kind of relates to what we're learning, and other times just because he can.

Anyway, I'm sitting there, and then the song plays. It was LIVE WHILE WE'RE YOUNG! I was singing every lyric, and I was so happy! Maybe that's why I decided to upload today...eh, I don't know.

Anyway, here's chapter nine! Enjoy!

------------------

Lizzie’s POV

As I fell asleep that night, after a tiring day working in Courtney’s house, I was thinking about how happy Courtney seemed. She looked much happier than usual, which was strange, because she usually was active and fun-loving.

My eyes finally shut and I began to dream about what the next day could bring.

-------------------

My eyelids fluttered open the next day to sunlight streaming through a crack in the window. I rubbed my eyes and stretched out my arms towards the sky, yawning.

I was planning on Skyping my older brother, Michael, today, because I really needed his advice. I need to ask him about Louis. I don’t know what to do. Of course, I like him, but I don’t know what to do. That’s where Michael comes in.

Michael has always given me great advice in the past, so maybe he can help me out with this too. He’s the one who told me what to do when there was drama at school between my friends there and I. He also helped me with homework from time to time before he went into the military last year, specifically the Air Force.

I pushed back the blankets and got out of bed, still thinking about what to do. I put my robe on over my tank top and pajama shorts, also known as my summer PJs. Slipping on my slippers (such a horrible joke, maybe we really are learning from Mr. Reynolds…kill me now), I strolled out of my room and walked down the stairs to the kitchen for breakfast.

“Good morning!” I greeted my mom, smiling at her. She was at the counter, making coffee.

“Good morning, Elizabeth,” she responded. I rolled my eyes out of her view, hoping she wouldn’t see. I didn’t like my full name, so I hated when she called me that. “What would you like for breakfast?”

“Hash browns,” I answered her, taking a seat at the table. I saw the newspaper on the table next to me. I guess that she had been reading before she got her coffee.

“Could you pour yourself some orange juice and feed Lemonade?” My mom asked me, preparing the hash browns.

I rolled my eyes. “And I just sat down,” I mumbled, standing up and walking over to where we keep Lemonade’s cat food. I turned back to my mom as I scooped a cupful of the food for her. “Hey, do we have a set time for the Skype with Michael?” I asked her.

“Yes, it’s around lunchtime,” she answered as I dumped the cat food in Lemonade’s bowl.

“That sounds good to me. I’m going to go change while I wait for the meal. By the way, where’s the sprinkler?”

----------------------

“Why did you have to find the flower sprinkler?” Simone whined as she ran through the water.