“Thank you,” I said, smiling slightly. 

She took my hand and squeezed it slightly before going to the back of the alterations department. 

“You ready?” Mia said.  “Karyn and Ashley already left but said to say goodbye.  They both had to go to work.”

I nodded and put my coat on.  “Yeah, I am,” I said.

When we walked out onto the main floor, Kole and Kane were standing on two platforms in front of two sets of mirrors.  Kole was joking around but Kane was just standing there so the alteration woman could pin the bottoms of the pants of his suit.  It looked like she liked being so close to him a little too much. 

I’d never seen Kane in a suit before…and he looked like a freakin’ model standing there.  The suit jacket fit him like a glove, showing off his broad shoulders and muscular arms and chest.  The top couple of buttons on his white shirt were opened and his tanned chest was showing. 

His eyes met mine in the mirror when he saw me checking him out.  I could see the regret plainly in them. 

Mia threaded her arm though mine for support and smiled at Kole.

“You’re looking pretty sexy there, future husband,” she said.

“Thanks, future wife,” he said, wiping the invisible dust off of his shoulder.  “I think I look pretty sexy in this, too, if I do so say myself.”

She laughed and unwound her arm from mine to go over and kiss him.  “Reece and I are going out for lunch so I’ll see you at home,” she said.

“But I thought we were going to go out together?” Kole said, looking around at the four of us. 

Mia grimaced.  Apparently that was supposed to be the plan.  “I don’t think that’s a good idea right now,” she said, narrowing her eyes at Kane.

“Oh, come on,” Kole whined.  “Kane will be on his best behavior.”

“I don’t know about that,” she said. 

“We were going to go out anyway and we’re pretty much done here,” he reasoned.  “We’ll be changed in less than ten minutes.  Greer and Aiden are already done.  They didn’t even have to do anything with their suits!”

Mia looked over at me with apologetic eyes.  I just shrugged.  “I don’t care,” I said quietly. 

Mia sighed and looked at Kole.  “Okay, whatever,” she said. 

“Great,” he said, beaming.  Both he and Kane took off their jackets and handed them to the women.  “We’ll be out in a minute.”

“I’m sorry,” Mia said when they disappeared into the back. 

“It’s okay,” I said, looking down at the floor.  “Kole wouldn’t have taken a ‘no’ anyway.  It’ll be fine.”  My voice shook at little at the end of the sentence. 

Mia sighed.  “Hopefully, but I’m not afraid to secretly ask the waiter to spit in his food,” she said, grinning evilly. 

I snorted and rolled my eyes.  “You be sure to do that,” I said. 

When Kole and Kane changed back into their regular clothes, they followed us out into the parking lot.  I could feel Kane staring at me but I didn't look back at him.  I still felt like crying from what he called me.

“So where are we going?” Kole asked.

“How about Chinese?” Mia said.

Kole laughed.  “But just the thought of Chinese made you puke yesterday.”