Chapter 53: A Blissful Evening

Start from the beginning

"I've missed you." She giggles, kissing me on the nose gently.

"I've missed you too, Abby. It's nice to be back." I say, kissing her lips softly.

She smiles in the midst of our kiss, before I pull her back up to her regular standing position.

Both of us plop down on the couch, turning on the TV on a low volume.

We flip to the sports channel, as they show NBA highlights from around the league.

Abigail sits next to me, sitting cross-legged in her leggings and pink sweater.

Her hair is tied up in a high ponytail, and she's wearing minimal makeup.

"So I know I asked you this one-hundred times, but how was your appointment?" I ask, smiling over to her.

She looks back at me, smiling.

"It was really good, thanks. Everything is going pretty well. Dr. Nolan did say that my baby bump is a little larger than usual for this stage, but she also said that it's probably because I'm pretty thin to begin with." She shrugs, looking down at her lap.

Her nails are painted clear, and they catch the lighting for a few moments.

She places both of her hands on her belly.

"I can't believe no one can really see a difference yet. I feel a lot bigger." She laughs, looking over to me.

I glance down at her stomach, which is still basically flat.

She's wearing a sweater, and honestly, there is no way that I could tell she was pregnant, if I didn't know.

"Just give it some time. Then people will definitely notice." I wink, laughing.

She looks back at me, smiling.

"You played well, this past week." She nods.

"Thanks love." I say, looking at the TV as Steph Curry hits a three-pointer.

"Nice dangle, by the way." She smirks.

I shrug, running a hand through my curls.

"It's what I do best," I say, purposefully in a cocky tone.

She laughs, moving over to me, and wrapping her arms around me.

I hug her back, pressing my lips against her temple softly.

I move my hand down to her ass, squeezing it for a moment.

"Damn girl, two months pregnant, and you still have a tight ass." I say, looking down at her.

She bites her lip, rolling her eyes playfully.

"You are a child, Patrick Kane." She laughs, placing her warm hand on my cheek.

I laugh, sticking my tongue out at her.

We both continue laughing, before I speak again.

"So, Abby, I've been thinking..." I say, looking over to her.

She looks back at me, her brown eyes large and wide.

"What have you been thinking about?" She asks, smiling.

"I think we should tell our parents," I say, swallowing.

"You know, about the pregnancy." I finish, nodding.

Abby looks up at me, raising her eyebrows.

She swallows, smiling slightly.

"That's probably a good idea." She says, softly.