20

---Saajida's POV ---

We got home and went straight to bed. I couldn't fall asleep though. I kept replaying what happen in my head.

I can't believe he never told me that he never stopped loving me before.

Why did he have to leave me then? Why did he break my heart? And maina kya kya nahi bola inko. I literally expected him to hate me after the things I've said to him and called him.

I need answers or I'm going to go crazy. I can't wait til tomorrow. I turned the light on and woke him up. I really need to know.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I have a question,"I said sitting back on the bed.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Why did you break up with me in the first place if you still love me?" I asked.

----Hussian's POV----

I knew that question might come up if I told her but I needed to tell her.

"I didn't have a choice. My parents had arranged for me to marry someone else. I tried to reason with them, but the girl was the daughter of a friend of my parents. You know my problem was the entire time? She wasn't you. One day me and my parents were out shopping and we saw her with another guy. My parents called the wedding off. A few months later the proposal came about you. Of course I was in right away. But when we met again I was suprised by your attitude. So I had to pretend like I was not caring about it. But then you got sick and I guess you didn't notice at that time that I was really worried about you. Then Manav got involved and I guess that's when I put this whole act behind me. I never wanted to see you hurt," I said.

"So you were just pretending it doesn't hurt?"

"I guess. Kind of, ya," I said.

"I'm so sorry. I wish you would have told me this earlier," she said.

"It's okay. Go to sleep," I said.

I liked the choice of words she used. Pretending it doesn't hurt.