The girl was about to give up when her eyes locked on a safe. It would be impossible to open and even more impossible to break the code-- it probably didn't even have anything but cash in it. Knowing her luck there was probably a body in there, too. Still, she looked at it longingly before she moved on to the other side of the building.

There was a small office on the other end of the building. There wasn't much exciting there-- just a knocked over filing cabinet and papers thrown about. Records of people who used to be something-- records that used to matter. Now? they were nothing. Just these useless parchments of paper. 

The desk was one of the last few neat things in the room. Its owner had worked to keep it clean, even when everything had gone to crap. There was still a thick layer of dust over the surface of a large calendar. Peering closer, she noticed that the man had kept track of the date for quite some time. He was gone, obviously, for the days had dropped off last season... but there was a particular detail that caught her eye.

The eighteenth was circled with red marker. 'Anniversary ' filled up a great portion of the square. She brushed the dust away with her thumb, tilting her head. 

March 18, 1974. 

3-18-1974

He'd died or disappeared just three days before his anniversary with whomever. 

However, Presley wasn't paying attention to that. Her mind was focused on a different detail. She bolted back to the safe.

3-18-1974, 3-18-1974... She recited the number in her head over and over again until she reached the safe. Zeva followed excitedly behind.

She turned the dial silently, moving slowly to ensure the right numbers. A click was all she needed to hear for a brilliant smile to wash over her face. She pulled on the handle and the safe door swung free. 

Bottles of pills, all labeled with important looking labels. They were arranged on small shelves by alphabetical order. C.. Clozapine. She snatched all the available bottles right off the rack and stuffed them into her bag. She hesitated before she snatched a few more bottles of painkillers. One could never have enough of those, it seemed. 

Zeva snarled and Presley whipped around, reaching for the knife holstered to her thigh. Human eyes stared back at her-- very human. 

"I should have known you were just making a scene to get out of there." The man's grin was evident and alarming. "That's exactly like something you would do, Presley."

The raven haired girl crossed her arms and shifted her stance. "So you think you have me figured out, Aaron?" 

"I've known you for a long time."

"You knew me. You don't know me now." 

Aaron smiled wider, "Only Presley Scott would be able to get into a safe I've been trying to get into for over five years now. It only took you one shot, too."

"That doesn't mean anything." She shrugged. "That doesn't have anything to do with who I am." 

"It has everything to do with it." He said. "It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"Five years, right?"

"Five years." He nodded. "I see you found a group."

She glanced fleetingly out the window, "They found me."

"I thought you said the group life wasn't for you? I thought that was why you left."

"It was why I left." She defended. "But you didn't need me at the time. These people are like little puppies-- you feed them once and the next thing you know they're under your feet."

"You're so full of it, Presley." He snorted. "We both know it's because of that man?"

She tilted her head, "Oh?"

"The buff one with the crossbow. I knew the second I saw him that he was just your type." 

She couldn't help the sly smile. "Don't be jealous just because I didn't pick you over him." She teased in a low voice. 

He rolled his eyes. "Trust me-- I'm not. You're not exactly... my type." 

She grinned wolfishly. "It's good to see you again, Aaron." 

"Do you need a ride back?" 

"Is that why you followed me here?" 

"Partly." He admitted. "I also wanted to make sure you weren't leaving without a goodbye. I knew something was up when you didn't greet me right away. I was certain you hadn't forgotten me." 

She smiled. "I would like a ride back, Aaron."

So uh... *awkward wave* hey

It's kinda long? Kinda not? I've been trying to work on adding a twist to the story. 

What did you guys think of the most recent episode? I like how they're dipping into the comic world.

Yes, I am trying to distract you from the fact that it's taken months for an update.

I am sorry

don't hate me

ily you bbies 

comment please? heart please? follow please? I'm just a breath away from 500 followers. It's fantastic.