t w e l v e

When Presley stumbled out into the trees, she knew something was off. She came to such an abrupt stop that anybody probably would have guessed she'd just ran into a wall. Within seconds, she had her bow ready in her hands and her eyes flashing in all directions. The rest of the group was still inching ahead, but she was scouring the clearing.

Something was definitely wrong. 

She looked down to Zeva to see any indifference in the dog, but Zeva seemed fine. More alert, but she was fine. Presley hesitated before she relaxed a single muscle, falling back into step behind the group. She remained ready and alert, waiting for something to go entirely wrong.

---

Hours passed. Morgan kept promising that Alexandria wasn't far, but she was beginning to loose faith in the old man. Actually, it seemed everybody seemed to be feeling that way. The group was too broken to let themselves have hope anymore. 

Beth had been the one who always had hope, and she wasn't with them anymore. 

"Hey, Presley." Carl bounded over to the woman. He was a handsome boy, but obviously in dire need of a haircut. 

"Carl." She said, nodding her head to him. She was still glancing around worriedly. 

"Morgan says we're only an hour or two from Alexandria." 

"Do you believe him?"

"No." Carl's answer was immediate. In a way, it kind of hurt to hear that. He was young-- too young to be loosing hope on the world already. He had many years ahead of him so long that he played his cards right and stayed smart. She looked at him, her face darkening when she realized that she had to look up. 

"Stop growing." 

He laughed, "My mom used to say the same thing all the time. She said she was gonna put bricks on my head if I didn't stop."

"Yeah, well, I'm going to do the same thing if you gain another inch." She kept on walking. 

"I miss her." He admitted very quietly. "I know she was kind of... Crazy, but... She was my mom. If she were still here, I think my dad would be a bit better off."

Presley didn't like to hold grudges, but she'd never liked Lori. The woman hadn't exactly cheated on her husband, but she'd moved on to his best friend remarkably fast. A sort of woman like that wasn't the sort of woman that she could put her faith in. The only reason felt bad about her death was because of Carl, and the fact that Hershal had went down right alongside her. "She's still here, watching over you. I'm sure of it."

"Do you believe in God?" 

Presley stopped and looked at him, a bit caught off guard on the question. "No. I do not."

Carl sighed quietly, "I guess it's hard to believe in something you can't see." He kept walking, and she soon followed. "Did you believe in him before all this happened?"

"Yeah... Yeah, I guess I did. I was never a born-again Christian, but I believed that he was up there." She said. "But no man, no God, would ever let this happen... This... This just isn't right. This is hell on Earth." 

"Have you noticed there hasn't been a rainbow? Maybe he took back his promise." 

Presley looked at Carl, "I'm happy you still have faith, kid." 

She barely managed to get the words out of her mouth before Zeva released a feral snarl. Immediately, Presley was following after the black dog to the place of danger. Instead of a herd of roamers, she faced a shaggy man holding Daryl at gunpoint in a headlock. He was looking towards Rick so his back was to her. Rick gave one desperate glance her way, and Presley was springing forward. 

She sprang onto his back, driving the but of her pistol into the back of his head. The hit wasn't as hard as she had hoped, because the man managed to yank her off his back and throw her off. She landed on the ground hard, but managed to roll away before he could pin her or kick her. She sprang to her feet and yanked a knife out of her boot, running at him full speed. Daryl was recovering now, but she ignored his shout for her to back off. 

"Presley!" The voice wasn't Daryl's, or anybody of that group. She slowed at the last second, driving her elbow into his chest and shoving him against the tree. She had her knife raised and was ready to drive it into his chest. She paled at the sight of the man looking down at her, and the knife fell from her grip.

"D...Dad?" 

The wait is over. 

So, what do you guys think of the new TWD series coming out? I dunno man, I don't think I can watch a story without Daryl in it. It'll be hard readjusting, but it's also pretty clever of them. It probably won't have the amazing success that the first show has been having. 

NOBODY SAID THAT THE LAST OF US WOULD BREAK MY HEART SO HARD ASDFGHJKL

Some of you weirdos have been commenting at like 5am. Like, what. You think I no see you? Hm? I get the timezones, but danggg get some sleep darlings. 

I can do some basic Q&A if you guys wanna leave a comment. It can be about me, the story, anything <3

COMMENT PLEASE

VOTE PLEASE
GIVE ME YOUR FIRSTBORN PLEASE

Btw, thank you for 200 followers <3
and 183k reads on Arrowhead
and 5k reads on Triggerfinger 
ya'll fabulous