Chapter 27 - A Note

Start from the beginning

"Here Luna." A soft voice spoke up. I saw the boy down the table with a cast. His parents looked at me unsure.

"Come here." He stood up and his mother walked with him and gave me a scared/hesitant glance.

"William... You owe him something."

"I already told him sorry", his chin jutted out and his pride showing.

"Well, you will do it again." He huffed.

"I am sorry Timothy for breaking your arm."

"Not to me William, to Timothy." He looked to Timothy and repeated it the boy nodded.

"Are you done eating William?" I asked and he nodded. "Come here." He walked up to me with slumped shoulders.

"You will deal with the bruise on your eye and your arm, you'll wear your shame until it heals, I never want to hear you raised your hand at someone unless its in defense, understood?" He nodded. "The cut on your eye has to go, I will not allow you to be scared from this, but you will learn from it." I put my hand on the cut and willed only it to heal, a gasp flowed through the room. "Go get ready for School and make sure your mom knows what I said." He scampered off and I turned to Timothy and squatted down, he was older than William, but still young.

"Hey Timmy, can I call you that?" I asked.

"My friends call me Tim, but if you want you can call me Timmy. Am I in trouble?" I shook my head.

"You did nothing wrong. May I see your arm?" I asked holding my hand out, he put his arm in my hand.

"Its up to you and your mother, but if you want me to I will heal it for you." I looked to his shocked mom.

"You would heal him?"

"Of course I would, he is my pack and family."

"I heard what you did for William...."

"Make no mistake, I can't do that again, I almost died, next time I wont be so lucky. But I can heal him." She nodded.

"Would you really?" His bright hopefully eyes shown with tears.

"Of course I would, I see your basketball shirt, do you play?"

"Yea! I am pretty good!" I smiled.

"One day you should show me, I would love to see how its played from a pro." His chest puffed up and he looked like he could take on the world.

"I would be honored."

"Okay lets get this wrist better." I pulled up his arm to me and slid the cast off, seeing as it was for wolves they came off and on for frequent checks. The skin was bruised and had stitches along one side, obviously it was not a clean break. I put my hand on it and concentrated, I saw the blue glow around my hands and once again the room seemed to zero in on me. I pulled back and Timmy moved it around in awe.

"It doesn't even hurt!" He said happily.

"Good! But you should eat more for breakfast before school, it eats up some of your energy." I looked to his mom.

"Mrs. Glade, I apologize for Williams behavior, I don't intend to let pack members treat each other that way, I was in a pack where there were no consequences, this pack with me far different."

"Please Call me Darla." I nodded and smiled.

"If you all will excuse me I have two mates who have explaining to do for not telling me of this when it happened." A round of 'oooohhhhs' followed the room.