XI. Sonic the Hedgehog

Mega Man was so slow and boring. His steps seemed to drag along the floor more and more as we went on and on. I, on the other hand, was pumped with adrenaline. We were on an exciting new adventure unlike any I had been on before. There was no way I was going to slow down for something like this!

"Can't you go any faster?" I complained. The two of them, Rush and Mega Man together, looked exhausted. It was as if we had been walking for days without any rest. Then why was I so hyper and excited, with thoughts racing through my mind at a million miles per hour? Oh, hey, what's that fly doing here...?

It wasn't dark, for the gems lit the way superbly. With nothing shining on them, I wondered what made them emit the light. It was as if each had a light bulb behind it. And the ground was covered with black gravel. Why didn't it have gems paved into it as the walls did?

Why did Mega Man's dog fly? I mean, it was just a dog. Why didn't Mega Man fly? He was a robot, after all. Then again, so was his dog. And was that a robot ahead of us...?

"Glad you were able to make it, Mega Man and Friend." The robot said. That took me by surprise. It was obviously a girl's voice, and her voice made my ears feel weird. I couldn't see what the girl looked like, because she was just a bit too far away. Was she trying to pull us into a trance as the gems had before?

"Yo, Mega Man, let's teach her a lesson, 'eh?" I nudged him with my elbow, but he looked at the robot as if he were terrified. No part of him moved, but he didn't seem to be stuck in his thoughts. There was something about the robot that moved him somehow.

"Hey, kid," I said again, expecting him to do something. "It's just another ol' robot."

"I..." He spoke without pulling his gun up or anything. "I would rather surrender than fight her."

"Then you shall perish by my word!" She shouted, and she started doing something to the high ceiling. I noticed that her hand was really a drill, and the ceiling was just in her reach. However, the part of the cave that was above us was much higher. Rocks started to tumble from it, and I watched in horror as Mega Man got trapped down by a heavier one, his foot stuck between the rock and the wall. It took me a long amount of seconds to push it away, it was so heavy.

"Sonic, we can't hurt her!" Mega Man shouted. "She's my best friend."

Well, that would certainly make sense. "Then we won't. C'mon, let's just get past her."

As we ran, Mega Man continued, "You don't understand. She's going to crash this place. And she'll take herself down with it!"

I became angry. I didn't want to have to deal with it all. "Well, I don't know what to do!" I snapped. "You figure it out!"

Mega Man suddenly snapped his fingers. "Time Man!" He said. Instantly, I became frozen in place, my legs and arms failing to move. I couldn't run and I couldn't talk. Either Time Man was back, or Mega Man had used the power he had absorbed from him.

Mega Man moved quickly, pulling some wires out of the robot or something. She, too, was frozen in place, as were the rocks that were about to kill me.

Eventually, time slowly merged back into itself, and I was able to move. It was slow and strange at first, but eventually, it went completely back to normal.

"All fixed." Rock said to himself. The robot in front of Mega Man seemed to be speaking to him, and since Mega Man wasn't getting a drill through his chest, I assumed she was back to her 'normal' self. I was still annoyed, however. Why did there have to be so many interruptions in everything we did?

I glanced at the gems longingly, as if I had forgotten how hard I had been trying to avoid them. It made me want to stay there and look at them forever. They showed all sorts of things that I wanted, and they showed Tails and I running around, having an adventure. How I missed those days... At that moment, I would have done anything to go back home. I didn't want to be on this crummy planet anymore. Everyone was trying to kill me, and it was getting weird.