Chapter 2

Leave it to Rocky Lynch to not get back to me until the morning of class. I checked my e-mail again and again while I walked to the Language Building. I sighed and rolled my eyes at his rudeness.

Finally my phone buzzed and I received an e-mail from a secretary,

"Dear Ms. Penova,

Mr. Lynch's e-mails are forwarded here. I am Linda Roland his secretary and he would love to have a meeting with you to discuss your writing assessment tomorrow morning at 9 am if you are available. Please dress for an office setting. Sorry for the short notice. I'll see you tomorrow morning at this address.

Linda."

And she attached his office address. I grinned and walked into class to tell my professor my person.

"You know that he is notorious for keeping his life private?" She raised her eyebrows at me.

"Well, kind of, but I'm sure it'll be fine." I nodded and assured her, "I think this will really test me."

"I think so too. I'm surprised he even agreed. But either way, good luck Ms. Penova. I can't wait to read your assignment." She replied and signed off on my project.

The next morning I woke up early to flat iron my long light brown hair. I pulled on a nice blouse and a skirt to spice it up, then added a pair of wedge heels to give my 5'3 self some height. I put my laptop in its bag and carried it with my purse to my car. I drove and listened to the songs that Mr. Lynch had helped produce. They were fantastically done if I could say so myself.

I walked up to his office floor and saw a red haired woman sitting behind a desk. "May I help you?" She said with a smile.

"I'm here to see Mr. Lynch... I'm Nicole Penova from UCLA..." I explained.

"Ah yes!" She nodded, "Right this way, I'm Linda." She shook my hand. "I should warn you. Mr. Lynch is a very kindhearted young man, but he's straightforward. And commanding." She led me to an office and knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard a low voice say.

"Your 9 am is here." Linda said happily and opened the door wide to me.

"Thank you Linda." He said with a soft nod and stood up. The boy was taller than he looked in pictures and his hair was quite longer too. Almost to his shoulders were the chestnut brown locks and he had a nearly clean shaven face. He looked me up and down and stuck out his hand, "Rocky Lynch, how can I help you?"

In a serious manner I nodded to him and smiled, "My name is Nicole Penova..." I sighed. She was right he was quite commanding and intimidating. "But you can call me Nikki- and I'm here to ask you about my UCLA senior Journalism assignment."

"A college project?" He raised his eyebrows and pulled chair out for me to sit at. His office was decorated with mahogany wood and wit furniture. He had a globe sitting on a large conference table and a picture of him with what looked like his mom and dad at his graduation.

"Yes sir, my final for me to graduate with a degree in journalism." I explained.

"First of all," He sighed, "You don't have to call me sir, or Mr. Lynch. That is for my employees. I'm Rocky." He told me, "And secondly, I'm a very busy man. Who told you you could interview me?"

"Your secretary... Linda..." My face began to fall. He looked like he had no idea what I had been talking about.

"Linda!" He called out and she was there almost too quickly.

It was as if she was listening to us outside the open door when she popped her head in and managed out, "Sir?"

"You told this Nicole girl she could interview me?" He narrowed his eyes.