Chel Does Pasco, Part 2 of 3

There are nudists who deny any connection between sexuality and nudism.  When textile free, they are so elevated in their natural state as to be immune to libidinous imaginations.  Walking about au naturale is - to them - a return to Eden, as pure as new fallen snow.  That’s soooo not Caliente!

There are nudists who quietly own up to some degree of sexuality, tentatively treading that razor line between patron-pleasing and maintaining their ANNR status.  That’s not Caliente either!

Finally, there are those who relish the wanton frolic of nudism as a delightful detour from their day to day.  These are people who respond to the sexual voltage of social nudity by reaching for the knob to amp up the juice - so to speak!  If they want nature, these folks will book an eco-park.  When they take off clothes, it is for prurient purpose!  Now THAT’S Caliente! 

So, when NusaSun asked me to cover the first annual Blues Festival at Caliente, a day of music, dancing, and naked revelry - not to mention the accompanying VIP pass and stack of free-drink tickets – what could I say?  YOUR faith, gentle reader, in my journalistic integrity bade me onward, willing as always to do whatever it took to bring you every detail of Caliente’s “new paradigm of nudism!” 

I arrived at Caliente Resort bright and early - in time for brunch!  Parking was a breeze.  Elongated golf-carts with handsome young drivers shuttled variously undressed patrons to Caliente’s palatial main building.  Knowing the importance of blending in for such assignments, you may be wondering when I disrobed?  Conveniently, I was already naked!  Pasco nudists often motor between resorts sans clothing.  Local police typically tolerate the practice.  While it is best, I was told, to have at least a long shirt on hand, I gambled that if stopped, my natural charms would prevail.    

 Once inside, I met Caliente’s General Manager,  _____.  Tall and clearly competent in the domain of hospitality, he seemed interested in speaking with me and summed up Caliente thusly:  “What we do is the last vice!  Our patrons are not joiners. They are here for adult fun in a world class resort!”    

Caliente surpasses the superlatives.  The estate boasts three giant pools, spa, tiki bar, and a dance floor offering wonderful views of the musical interpretations thereon.   A full-time Chef fuels scores of gorgeous naked bodies with gourmet victuals!  In fact, Chef Rob Wilcox not only plates a Top Chef meal, he conceptualized and organized this successful event.  Proceeds from the door and a mid-day auction raised over 18,000 dollars for The Angelus Foundation, a home caring for long-term patients.        

With no difficulty imagining their audience in the nude, the bands for Blues Fest did not seem nervous at all!  Emery Brothers Band is a beautiful voice-blend reminiscent of Marshal Tucker. They recently reunited and their future success seems certain.   The Stingers drove out clean, complex covers most bands would not attempt. 

Most memorable, of course, was the all the wood!  Woody and the Woodtones blasted out a high energy traditional blues on exotic-wood guitars built by the skillful hands of Woody Woodcaster (Yes, that’s his real name!)  Backstage, Woody detailed for me how he handcrafts each guitar.  Far more interesting than that woodworking show on PBS, this was Woody’s first interview by a naked correspondent and the ease with which he handled me bespoke his genuine Blues credentials.   

The sweetest wood of the day had to be Selwyn Birchwood.  If you love the Blues, or just want to see a guy who’s going to be famous in a few years, check out Selwyn!  Blues oozes from his soul like honey from the comb.  His amazing guitar riffs both blended and at times, competed with bass saxophonist Regi Oliver.  All in all, if Letterman was still smart, he’d book Selwyn Birchwood Band this week!    

Clean, well-staffed, luxurious… Caliente sets a stellar standard for the new nudism and the Blues Festival maxed out m y score-card in every category.  Next issue of Nusa I will tell you about meeting friend Leslie and my favorite columnist Jay Francis and traipsing about Caliente like naked blond BFFs.  And I still need to tell you about classic Lake Como and Riverboat, a small but creative colony of nude artists.  Don’t touch that dial!

Chel Does Pasco by Chel McDonald appeared in the June issue of Nusa Sun Magazine.  All rights reserved.  Please feel free to friend Chel at facebook.com/chel.mcdonald.  Please check out Nusa Sun Magazine at nusasun.com