Chel Does Pasco, Part 1 of 3

Pasco County, Florida is to nudists what Salt Lake City, Utah, is to polygamists - a Mecca of the like-minded!  So when NUSASun Magazine Editor in Chief Jack Gipson suggested I take a naked romp through the textile-free landscape of Pasco, I packed my strappy sandals and saddled up for points south.    

If you live in a hub city, the best way to Pasco is by air.  Just touch down in Tampa, rent a car, drop your top, and cruise north.  From the Palmetto State where I hang my many hats, travel by car works best.  I avoided the layovers and being groped by the TSA!  (I mean, if they were cuter… )

I arrived at Paradise Lakes in Lutz, Florida, just as the sun sank into the Gulf.  I tossed my stuff in the condo, threw on a hat and heels and took my first strides into Florida naturism. 

Paradise Lakes, PL to the locals, is very Floridian.  A traditional 72 acre clothing optional resort where roughly 378 unclad folk lay their head year ‘round, Paradise exudes a lush tropical environment that makes one re-consider Ponce de Leon’s proposition.      

From the moment I scuffed down their winding walkways, I knew, gentle reader, that I would recommend PL.  It is a great home-base for the bare skinned adventurer, near and dear to the other nudists in Pasco, and brimming with its own personality!  PL is criss-crossed with cart and foot paths and ringed by a lake and old growth woods that are blanketed with Spanish Moss and wild-flowers!  Beauty abounds and what better way to fully taste it than au naturale!  

Jack booked me a “Bed and Beer” from Ed and Diane who rent a number of suites and condos at PL.  Each of their places includes a golf cart and standing invitation to roll by Ed’s for an ice cold draft.  My luxury condo was clean, peaceful and instantly felt like home.  I slept like a sweet naked baby! 

Next day, I took Ed up on his beer invite and found he and Diane to be as colorful and warm as their surroundings.  Ed describes PL as “Natural Viagra” and from what I saw, I must agree!  If you are thinking of Pasco, do check www.paradiselakesvacation.com and talk to Ed before you book with anyone else.       

On premises PL has L’Attitudes, a hot night club and bar, Hemmingway’s Restaurant, pools, volley ball, and of course, Petanque.  I can’t say it enough; Nudists love Petanque! 

Scientists tell us that the most re-creative vacations are those that take our minds off of the problems at home.  If they’re right, then prancing around Pasco in the buff is just what the doctor ordered!  Engaged in those sweet electrified moments of nudity kept me so in-the-moment that I did not even think about life’s challenges back home.         

My naked adventure only began at Paradise Lakes.  I also dropped by Riverboat, an off-the-path colony of nude artisans with some startlingly creative ways to enjoy their naked time.  Of course I visited classic Lake Como.  Plus, I caught the Blues Festival at Caliente, a posh and polished clothing optional resort that caters to the new – more erotic – “paradigm of nudism”.  Decidedly delectable! 

So, stay tuned, gentle reader, as I expose you to my naked romp through Pasco in all of its delicious detail!

Part 1 of 3 from “Chel Does Pasco”, a three part feature in Nusa Sun Magazine which ran May – July, 2013.  All rights reserved.  Catch my current piece online at http://www.nusasun.com