Chapter 6

*Angele's POV*

I blinked quickly attempting to dry my mascara. I bent my finger and ran my lashes over it, curling them as they brushed against my finger. I heard a tap on my door.

"Come in!"

Serena stepped through the door, "We gonna party buckwild!"

I laughed, "You like Taylor Caniff?"

"Eh. Don't really care one way or another. You ready to go?"

"Just need my shoes." I grinned.

Serena spun around on her heels and started toward my closet. She pulled the white sliding door open and kneeled beside the waist high shoe rack, "Which ones?"

"Which ones would match this outfit?" I asked turning so she could see what I was wearing.

I had a flowy, black skater skirt and a maroon crop top with a white cardigan. I pulled at the edges of the skirt and rocked side to side making Serena chuckle.

"The Vans." She smiled.

"Which ones?" I laughed.

"White." She grabbed the shoes and brought them over to me.

I grinned and nodded my head as a form of thanks as I tried to get my fly aways to cooperate, "Why won't my hair do what it's told?" I groaned.

"You look fabulous. Can I borrow your boots?"

"Which ones?" I answered.

"The tan riding ones."

"Go ahead." I smiled.

"Thanks Izzy." She said as she made her way back to the shoe rack.

"That's as good as it's gonna get!" I said as I placed the comb a little forcefully on my vanity.
"You look amazing! Now let's go!"

"Suck up." I smirked.

Serena stuck her tongue out as we walked out of my bedroom and down the stairs.

We made our way to Serena's 1968 black Jeep Commando. I opened up the passenger door and pulled myself up into the seat, feeling a breeze as my skirt swished.

"Enjoy those crop tops and skater skirts while you can, cause as of tomorrow, it's only baggy clothes for you."

I laughed, "Yes ma'am." I saluted.

Serena nodded, pleased with my response. I could tell that she didn't fully believe me though.

"So... Where are you taking me?"

"We are going clubbing." She smirked as she pulled out of my driveway and made her way down the street.

"Hate to rain on your parade, but I'm only seventeen."

"You look older. Plus they won't card us tonight."

I could feel the deformed look that crossed my face as I gasped.

"Relax, it's teen night. Aaron is getting us in."

I relaxed, "I sure do like your brother in law."

"Gross, dude." Serena laughed.

"Not like that." I playfully hit her shoulder.

"Mhmm. Sure. I know the truth." She smiled as we made our way downtown.

************

I felt my phone vibrate under my leg. I pulled it out and glanced at the screen.

"No phones!" Serena shouted as she took the tiny box out of my hand.