Chapter 4:

*Angele's POV*

"You need to pack your bags. Your dad paid for someone to pack the house tonight." My mom said stepping into my room.

"Yes ma'am."

"Can I help?" Serena asked standing beside me.

"You really want to help your best friend pack to move?"

She shrugged, "Why not? I have nothing better to do."

I smirked and turned toward my closet, "If you could pack my clothes, I'll get my hygiene items."

"Yup."

I walked out of my room and into the bathroom. I opened the cabinet and started grabbing my necessary items. I grabbed my toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, eyeliner, and mascara. I walked back to my room to find Serena sitting on my bean bag chair.

"So much for helping." I scoffed.

"I did help! The pile on the floor is things you need to get rid of and the suitcase is things you can keep."

I raised a single eyebrow, "I don't recall giving you permission to get rid of my clothes."

Serena shrugged, "You need to change your wardrobe if you're going to be hanging out with Hayes and the guys all the time."

I stood by the suitcase and began sifting through the items. I pulled out several baggy tshirts, sweat pants, and loose jeans. I moved to the large pile of clothes on the floor. I located my crop tops, high waisted shorts, and skater skirts.

"Why are all of my cute clothes in the give away pile?"

"I don't want Hayes getting any ideas."

I tilted my head back and laughed, "Hayes isn't like that."

"You don't know. You haven't seen him in two years."

My phone began ringing. I looked st the screen and saw 'Hayes would like to facetime'. I grinned and hit accept.

Hayes was standing in his bathroom, a towel over his shoulders. Hair dripping and plastered to his forehead.

I closed my eyes, "HAYES!"

Serena burst out laughing.

"Chill. I just got out of the shower, I have my shorts on."

I opened my eyes hesitantly. I looked toward the screen. Hayes was in fact covered but he was not in shorts, "Hayes, since when are boxers considered to be shorts?"

Hayes chuckled, "Give me a minute."

Serena was practically dying of laughter. I rolled my eyes.

"Back." Hayes called.

I looked back towards the screen. Hayes was wearing a Cameron Dallas sweatshirt and matching sweat pants.

"You a Cam Dallas fan?" I raised a single eyebrow.

"No. Nobody would buy his merch so I got it by default."

"Shut up. You're just jealous that everyone like me."Cameron defended.

I grinned, "So was there a reason for your call?"

"Oh yeah. What're you planning on doing when you get here?"

"Sleeping."

"In the airport?"

"No, I'm getting a hotel stupid."

"Why don't you come stay here?"

"Hayes, I can't come and just crash at your place. It's rude."

"Not if I invite you. I'll come to the air port and pick you up."

"Hayes--" I began to protest.

"Nope. It has been settled. See you tomorrow night."

"Fine. See you tomorrow."

"Oh and Angele."

"What, Hayes?"

"Happy birthday." Hayes winked.

"Awh, thanks pooh bear."

"Did you just call me 'pooh bear'?"

"Bye Hayes." I hung up. I was not about to get Nash in trouble.

Serena raised a single eyebrow, "Pooh Bear?"

"A family nick name he was given. Nash told me about it."

"Mhmm..."

I shook my head and went back to sorting my clothes. I added my shorts to the suitcase just to have Serena remove them again.

"Dude! Stop! I am not going to go see Hayes looking like a hobo."

"I am not making you look like a hobo. You have more curves than most people and I am trying to protect you."

"He won't hurt me. If you're worried about it you should just come with me."

"You know I can't."

"Psh. I can totally fit you in my suitcase now that half my clothes are apparently not making the trip."

"Still can't go."

"I know. You'll have to come visit."

"I will. I have to have a little talk with Hayes."

"I think that's my dad's job."

"I can help though."

"Whatever."

"I've gotta go. Callen just got out of his karate lesson. Don't leave without saying bye."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

"See you tomorrow."

"See ya, Serena." I smiled.

"Actually, I'm taking you out tonight for your birthday. I'll be here around five."

"Okay."

Serena grinned before leaving my room. I flopped onto my bed and stared at my suitcase and then out the window.I thought of everything I had been through in San Antonio and everything I was leaving behind, and began to cry.