run this town

Robyn

"C'mon Robyn, gahdammit! You're worth more than $120,000,000, you've sold more than 8.7 million album copies since 2011, you've designed a shoe, you've done extraordinary out of the ordinary things, and you mean to tell me that you can't take a fuckin picture?"

"Mel, It's missing something. It's just not right." I told her.

Mel is my best friend, I've known her since diapers in St. Michaels, Barbados.

She sighed.

"Missing something like what?" She asked aggravated. Mel slouched her tall, sinewy body in a chair. After adjusting her EOS Rebel Canon camera in her left hand, she brushed a few strands of her short brown hair from her sweaty forehead.

"I don't know, you tell me, Ms. Photographer." I smirked and jumped off the platform that was being used as a photo background.

"Yuh don't mehk meh life easiar Robyn." She rolled her eyes and set her camera down. My laugh bellowed, always my first response to her rising anger. Mel never looks or carries herself angry, no. But being from Barbados, it's always her bajan accent that tells me she's not in the lightest mood.

"And you don't make my life any easier either." I responded as I filled a tiny cup with water from the fountain. "But seriously, what are we missing." I asked, suddenly intrigued by the thought of new.

"This photo shoot has to be as close to perfect as we can get it. Um.." She trailed off. I sat next to her on the edge of the platform. Suddenly, Mel pops up and stands directly in front of me, a genius idea burning through her lips.

"You always do these album and magazine covers by yourself. You're selling your shoe, we gotta be different." She concludes like her resolution actually solved anything. I mentally roll my eyes.

"Yeaa, that was the plan goathea--," she cut me off.

"I'm not an idiot. You just didn't let me finish." She paused again, this time to roll her eyes at me. "Feature someone, maybe a male. Someone young , your age and mysterious to some extent." Her voice got louder as her excitement grew. "He has to have the style that your shoes complement. And-and chemistry with you. What you think?" Mel elaborated on her ingenious, and waited for my approval.

This actually sounded good, like it could work well. But I refuse to take any pictures with just anyone, we have to make sure we choose wisely.

"I love, I love, I love!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around her neck. She chuckled and peeled my arms from her.

"But it can't be with just anyone.." I warned. "Please be aware that if these pictures come out lookin any ol' type of way, my career could plummet." After a few seconds, she nodded in comprehension.

"I get it Robyn, I get it." She chuckled before continuing to speak. "Announce your search at the first show of the Anti tour." Mel suggested.

I felt so bad that I had to cancel my Grammy's performance, bronchitis is truly a bitch. I also had to postpone a few shows of the tour. But I'm no longer sick and this tour is about to be better than ever.

"Brown, when's the first show again?" I spoke to Jay, my manager as he walked past. Since I officially signed to the ROCNATION label, he's been managing me. Brown was a mid sized man, not tall but not too short. He was bald, brown, and his demeanor was very sophisticated.

"Lemme check." He replied, removing his headset. Jay unlocked his phone and scrolled for a bit before giving me an answer.

"Uh, looks like March 12th in Jacksonville, Florida." He read from his phone, not looking up once from it.

"Thanks." I responded, he hummed in reply and walked away.

"I hate that guy." Mel whispered when he was out of ear shot, shaking her head.

"I knowwwwwwww. You tell me every time we link up, whether he's here or not."

"Well," she stopped to pack her camera up, "I'm sorry." Mel stuck her tongue out at me.

"What. Ever. Major. Loser." I responded, doing the hand motions on my forehead as well.

Next thing I know, she's bull charging in my direction. I do my best to get away until Brown tells us to chill out. Him telling us to stop running around reminded me of my childhood days hanging out with Mel, running around the streets of Barbados.

"I miss da olda deys." I let my bajan accent creep out.

"Same."

"And I could go for some cheescake right now." The smoothie I had this morning was wearing off, my stomach was rumbling up a shit.

"You always can go for some cheesecake." Mel laughed. I kissed my teeth, I swear she's so annoying. But I do in fact love her.

"You ready for lunch or no?"

_______________________________

Hey guys, welcome to C R E E P E R !! So the chapters aren't going to always be this short.. It depends on the action and all of that. But I have a lot of ideas for this book that I hope you'll like. SOOOO, add this to your libraries and enjoy.

-Adriana <3

*Excuse typos and what not..