CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Start from the beginning

"I'll miss you more, Zachy!" I giggled.

The journey was quite boring, to be honest. Raymond said he wasn't feeling well and wasn't in a mood to talk so I went to sleep instead.

Back home, the first person to greet me was my mother. She was glad everything was back to normal.

How fake, I thought.

Where as the first and only person to greet Raymond was Blake. She literally jumped on him and he fell on the floor laughing. After which, she dragged him home.

"See you later, Snow!" Raymond shouted behind him.

I went upstairs and knocked at Stacey's door. She opened immediately and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Can't. Breathe." I said in a throaty voice.

"I am NOT talking to you!" She screamed.

"After showing me so much affection and longing?" I snorted.

"That was a mistake. I'm sorry." She said ever so dramatically which made me giggle.

"Okay. I'll give the Jimmy Choo handbag to Em. And the accessories I bought for you? Ah, let me see. I can give them to Blake. She'll like them. Yes," I said, after pretending to think and started walking out of the room.

"Bye Stace!" I made sure not to turn back.

"Ashieee! Wait." I heard her pout.

Gotcha!

I grinned and went back to her and hugged her.

"I don't want a hug. Show me what you've got for me!" She said.

The next few hours I spent with Stacey and Sam. I had bought some video games for Sam too which he loved. I asked Stacey where Jim was and she said she was out with friends so I texted him.

Me : Jim, I'm back home. Where are you?!

Somehow, I was really happy after coming back from New York. I felt different.

Amazing, for that matter.

And it was because of Raymond.

He had changed me. Zach was right.

I liked talking to people, being around everyone, saying what I felt like, sharing my feelings. I liked who I was becoming a lot.

Jim texted back a few minutes later.

Jim : Cupcake! God, I've missed you so much. All I want is the taste that your lips allow!

I giggled as I typed a reply.

Me : Such. A. Flirt.

Jim : I'm coming. Almost there. Knock knock!

Me : Shut up! See you around later.

"Are you talking to Raymond?" Stacey asked.

"No."

"Then why are you giggling so much?"

"So I'm supposed to giggle only when I talk to Raymond?"

"No, but.. Forget it." She waved it off.

Days went off ordinarily and tests neared which got me busy with books.

Everyone studied in groups or pairs.

Stacey with joey. Tyler and Emily with the twins. Jim with his friends.