Part 22: When two ends shall meet

Anncel

It was 3 days ago when my heart was stabbed deep.

I was walking along the corridor to my next class when suddenly Adrielle stopped in front of me.

“Can we talk?” She said. I’m still mad at her. I wish I have the guts to yank her hair out.

“I don’t know. Can we?” The I walked away she followed me.

“Seriously!? Don’t be childish.” She said.

“And don’t be a slut! Tinuring kitang kaibigan kahit hindi maganda ang pakikitungo mo sakin. I defended you for Cyrrus at time when he’s being mean to you. And now, you want a sensible talk!? How can I be sensible with you?! What more do you need from me?!!”

“can we just…talk?”

“FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ADRIELLE!! WE ARE ALREADY TALKING!”

“People are staring.” She said. I don’t care

“you don’t want them to know how slutty you are? That you rich but you cant buy manners?”

“Please. Lets. Just. Talk.” Damn. This girls is really persistent.

“okay. We’ll talk. We’ll talk now. Here. RIGHT HERE.”

“I just want to say sorry. I really am. I was drunk and mahal ko lang talaga si Cyrrus. Sa sobrang pagmamahal ko sa kanya, hindi ko na naisip na mali na ako. At ngayon, yung kunsenya ko.. hindi na ako pinapatulog. Cyrrus is a wreck without you. I cant stand to see him this screwed up. He really loves you. He didn’t mean to kiss me, I kissed him. To tell you the truth, HE HATES ME RIGHT NOW. At kung ganito lang din sya kung wala ka, mas gugustuhin ko nalang na magkasama kayong dalawa, kesa sa nagdudusa sya.” She said. Trying to stop her tears pero sunod-sunod ang pag tulo ng mga ito. I left her there since I don’t have anything to say to her.

I went home. Nawala na ang gana ko mag class.

I lay on my bed and hugged my pillow.

I knew Cyrrus wont do that to me. It’s just that to see the one you love kissing someone else can really shatter you. I love him and I know I can forgive him. Should I call him?

 tumunog and phone ko. Si Cyrrus.

I answered the call.

“Anncel, I know everything is messed up and unclear but please give me a chance to explain. Are you there? Are you listening? Hey anncel.. I’m sorry. Sorry na. I really love you. I cant stand the thought of you leaving me. I just cant. What you saw isn’t real.. please say something!”

“I know. I believe you. I just missed your voice kaya pinakinggan ko muna..I love you too. Adrielle told me everything. I understand. Hindi ko lang talaga kinaya ung nakita ko.” I said.

“Look out of you window.” I turned to my window. I moved the curtain and I saw Cyrrus with his black car. He’s carrying red roses and still holding up his phone.

“you forgive me?” he said.

“I do…” Without thinking twice, tumakbo ako pababa ng hagdan.

Palabas ng bahay, papunta kay Cyrrus.

I ran as fast as I can I hugged him tight and he hugged me even tighter. He lifted me up and kissed me on the lips.

My body felt butterflies. And those butterflies are lifting my spirits up.

I miss him. I really do. And to him is where I belong. He put me down and we stared at each other’s eyes.

We then renewed our vows by the ocean’s shore.

“as long as there’s a single star on the sky and  a ray of sunlight in the morning..

I will always, always love you..” He said. at syempre, ang sagot ko..

“I love you too. As long as the time is running. To infinity.”  

Our eyes connected and he smiled. I smiled back.

The suddenly, Zandra came near us. I smiled at her.

“Hey Cyruss! Where’s Jetrix?” She said. she smiled at me.

“I don’t know. I don’t know where he is. Isn’t he in Europe?” Now I’m puzzled. Jetrix is in Europe?

“Cyrrus, stop lying to me. I know he’s here in the Philippines. And there’s only one place where he could stay without being traced. And that’s your place.”

“Zandra, When will you ever stop? He’s not In our house anymore. Hindi pa sya umuuwi. It’s been 3 days.” Cyrrus said

“Jetrix’s Missing?” I said. I’m a little worried for him.. Baka kung napaano na sya. Asan kaya sya?

“You know him anncel?” Zandra asked

“Yes.” I said. So he’s your fiancé. And your fiancé is in love with me.. And we’re friends. Bakit bigla nalang gumulo ang mundo ko?

“Do you know where he is..??”

“No. I wish I know though.” I said.

“Zandra, you can’t get any info from us. We seriously don’t know where he is.” He said.

“Good bye my princess. I’ll visit you tomorrow. I love you.” He said and kissed me on my forehead.

“love you too. Take care. Drive safely.” Then he revved  the engine and drove away.

“So he’s your fiancé!” I said.

“Yes, and I don’t know where to start looking for him..”She said. There’s still a ray of hope in her eyes.

Cyrrus

Buti nalang at anncel isn’t mad anymore. Pero we have a new problem! I got to warn Jetrix.

I dialed his numder.

“Jetrix! Nasan ka?”

“sa bahay nyo.”

“Umalis ka na dyan. Zandra is back here in the Philippines and she could be on the way to our house. She knew where to find you.”

“sabi ko na nga ba I’ll be traced…”

“ano nanaman bang ginawa mo?” I was puzzled. Jetrix is the master of the game hide and seek pero this time, naging careless sya.

“wala. Nagamit ko kasi yung credit card ko. Na trace ni papa.”

“wala ka bang cash?” I said.

“I’ll turn myself over. Pagod na rin ako.”

I don’t understand.. Dati, determined sya na hinding hindi sya magpapakasal kay Zandra, pero ngayon, sumusuko na sya? He must be nuts.

“we can still fix this.” I said

“no, we can’t. I keep on running away pero this time, pagod na talaga ako. Parang wanted ako na tago ng tago. And the worst thing that could happen is me being sent back to LA which will be good for all of us.” He said.

Why for all of us? I’m okay with him being here. He’s like family. He is family. Pero why is he talking like he’s keeping something from me?

“If that’s what you want.”

I arrived and Jetrix is still here. I don’t know why the hell he wants to get things over with. We can still find a way..

Pero kung sya mismo ay ayaw nang lumaban for his freedom, sino ako para pilitin sya?