Part 9: A picture last longer

Anncel

Today is Monday. Another boring day class went slowly for me and it drained all my energy. It is raining hard again. This time, may dala na akong payong. I have to stay late sa school ngayon kasi may presentation kaming kailangan tapusin.

It’s already 8 pm.

I am trying to hail a cab pero lahat sila, may sakay na. 8:30, same story. Wala paring taxi. Suddenly a black car stopped in front of me, ibinaba nya yung bintana sa passenger seat. Cyrrus.

“Hey!! Want a lift?” He said

“no thank you.” I said

“seriously?!  It’s 8:40 and it’s raining hard and you wont accept my offer?”

then I realized I was the only one in this dark place and suddenly, I felt scared.

“okay. I’ll just pay for it.”

“no need.”

He unlocked the door and I stepped in.

“so miss, saan po kita I hahatid?”

“sa West Groove Subdivision lang. unang kanto sa right.”

“alright!”

**silence**

Silence surrounded the car. The awkward silence. I shifted my attention to the window. I stared blankly thinking how on earth I ended up riding with this guys. I felt tiredness sink in and I can’t help but sleep.

**

“anncel, wake up!”

“h-huh?” I said, unconsciously

“we’re here.” He said smiling

“Thanks for the ride. I appreciate it.”I smiled at him. This time, it’s genuine.

“wow! That’s new!!” he said

“what’s new?” I asked

“you, smiling at me.” I felt my blood rush to my cheeks. I know for sure that I’m blushing. Ngayon ko lang narealize na ang ngiti nya ay nakaka hypnotize. Siguro, half asleep pa talaga ako. Tinitigan ko mabuti ang mukha nya. Na gising ang diwa ko at pinigil lahat ng napasok sa isip ko dahil sa pagkakataong ito, na realize ko kung gaano sya ka gwapo.

“t-take a picture, it last longer.” I said, to hide my embarrassment from staring at his face for a long time.

“ahahahha, no need . I know every detail of your beautiful face.”

“I have to go, I’m still sleepy.” I said and I ran immediately to our house, not looking back. Surprised to what I just did.

Cyrrus

Soccer practice ended pretty late and I’m tired as hell. I opened my car and entered inside. Habang nag dra-drive ako, nakita ko ang matagal ko ng gusto Makita. Anncel.

I stopped at her direction and I offered her a ride.

“Hey!! Want a lift?” I said. Smiling 

“no thank you.” She said. I knew she was avoiding me.

“seriously?!  It’s 8:40 and it’s raining hard and you wont accept my offer?”

She finally accepted my offer and said  she would pay for the ride. I told her not to. 

Silence filled the car and I focused on my driving. I saw her sleeping. Paano ako makakapag concentrate sa driving ko kung isang magandang babae ang natutulog sa tabi ko?

 Baka mabangga pa kami. 

Tinabi ko muna ang kotse at pinagmasdan ko ang mukha nya. Anncel, bakit and ganda mo? Para syang anghel pag tulog. Hindi nagtataray. She looked peaceful, with a little smile on her face. What are you dreaming about? I took my phone and took a picture of her. I took her picture 3 times then she moved a bit. Nagulat ako. So I stopped admiring her beauty and returned to my driving.

We reached her place and she’s still sleeping.

“anncel, wake up.”

“h-huh?”  she said. I can tell that she’s still sleepy.

“we’re here.” She thanked me for the ride and for the first epic time, she smiled at me. Lahat ng pagod ko sa practice nawala. 

“wow! That’s new!!” I said.

“what’s new?” She asked me. puzzled

“you, smiling at me.” I smiled 

I saw her blush. Sa puti ba naman nya, kitang kita ko ang rosy cheeks nya.

“Take a picture, it last longer.” HAHAHAHA I already did!! Napatawa nalang ako at sinabing:

“ahahahha, no need . I know every detail of your beautiful face.”

At for sure, alam ko na this time tumalab ang charms ko sa kanya. She rushed to her house and I was left there with my hear jumping on my chest. Sana nararamdaman nya ang bilis ng puso ko ngayon.