"Wow," I whispered.

"Yeah. I mean, just to give you an idea, my parents' savings account alone pays for my college. All of it, including books."

"Damn," I muttered. "Then...what about your job?"

Harry shrugged. "I work at Mikado's because it's the right thing to do. I'm not going to be living off of my grandparents my whole life. My paycheck pays my rent and some of my other bills. But I do have that savings that I can use if I need it."

I pursed my lips. "And now you're giving some to me."

"Yes," he nodded. "Because you need it. And I'm in the position to help you."

"And take care of me," I said under my breath.

"What?"

I shook my head. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. I love you, Tisa."

I smiled as I grabbed my water glass.

"I love you, too."

*

The rest of the week went well. No more pop quizzes, and I was able to catch up on my reading for Lloyd. My job was going great so far, and I felt like I would continue liking it there.

Harry was off on Friday, and mostly because I was exhausted, we decided to do a little switcheroo. Penny stayed with Zack, and Harry came and stayed with me. I felt a little guilty making him sleep on the pull-out sofa bed with me, but he assured me he didn't mind and honestly I would have felt weird using Penny's bed. By nine o'clock I was so tired, so we just laid on the bed and watched television until I dozed off. I didn't even know when Harry had turned off the TV or the lamp, and the next thing I knew he was in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

I got up and used the restroom, then I walked into the kitchen behind him, wrapping my arms around him.

"Mmm," I sighed, resting my hands on his bare torso. "Good morning."

"Morning," Harry replied, his voice still raspy from sleep.

"Whatcha making?" I asked, peeking around him.

"Pancakes."

"Yum!" I exclaimed as I watched him flip one in the pan. "I haven't had pancakes in forever."

"Here you go then," said Harry, adding the one he'd just finished to a pile already made on a plate. "Enjoy. Your coffee's ready too."

I grinned at him as I grabbed a fork from the drawer and took the plate to the table. Then I took a mug down from the cupboard and poured myself some coffee. When I sat down, I dropped slaps of butter on each layer of pancakes before nearly drowning them in syrup. Harry then joined me at the table, doing the same to his pancakes.

I closed my eyes as I enjoyed the savory delight.

"Good?" Harry raised an eyebrow.

"Delicious!" I said my mouth full. "Thank you, baby."

Harry leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. "You're welcome."

"How come you're so good to me?" I asked when I swallowed.

Harry chuckled, an confused smirk on his face.

"What do you mean? You're my girlfriend. I love you. I enjoy making you happy."

I bit my lip, suddenly regretting my words.

"I know. I'm sorry. I appreciate it."

Harry sat back and continued eating, though I could tell his body had not relaxed. Finally, after a few minutes he spoke again.