Spending time with Stefan

Start from the beginning

“you are quiet Marti” my father mused over the dinner table.

“just hungry” I shrugged.

“mother this is the best you have ever cooked it” John flattered her, helping himself to his fourth serving of shepherd’s pie.

“Mother, Father...” I began deciding now was the best time I was going to get.

“yes dear” my mother smiled at me.

“is it ok if I go out with a friend tomorrow” I asked keeping it general.

“who” my father asked.

“the new boy Stefan Salvatore, I promised him a tour of the town” I flashed my best smile at my father.

“I’m not too sure about that” my father shook his head.

“let her go” my mother whispered.

“pardon me for speaking out of turn but are you hiding something from me” I whispered afraid I was going to anger my parents.

“I hoped we wouldn’t have to tell you” my mother rushed.

“what” I asked putting my fork down.

“tomorrow father and I sign up” John sat up straight and looked proud.

“so maybe it is best if you are out having fun” my mother smiled at me.

“thank you” I smiled back, happy that I was allowed to go out with Stefan tomorrow.

“one condition, I must meet this boy first and if I disapprove you will not be leaving with him” my father’s voice was final.

“thank you” I smiled at him then turned to my mother.

“may I be excused, I have lost my appetite” she nodded understanding that my brother and fathers signing up was killing me slowly.

Morning came and I jumped out of bed at the crack of dawn so I could be the first to use the bathroom. Once I had finished with my bath I drained the water and wrapped a towel around my hair and body, returning to my room. I picked out my second best dress and slipped it on. It was white and fell just below my knees. I found my white high heels and pulled them on then unravelled my hair and sat at my dressing table mirror. I brushed it a few times as it slowly dried, going naturally straight.

“Morticia, Stefan is here” my mother knocked on my door. Time had suddenly rushed past.

“and you left him alone with father?” I questioned. She suddenly realised what I meant and together we rushed down the stairs.

“good morning Mrs Bloodrayne, Morticia” Stefan bowed slightly at both of us.

“have her home by six or I will hunt you down...” my father began.

“father, relax Stefan is a friend, nothing more” I sighed as he stayed up tight.

“do we have an understanding young man” my father looked at Stefan, who simply nodded.

“bye father, mother” I smiled at them and lead Stefan out of the house.

“sorry” I grimaced once they were out of ear shot.

“its fine, fathers are protective of their daughters, it’s a fact” he shrugged.

“may I say that you look especially wonderful today” he smiled at me.